:sunglasses: 40 % :laughing: 40 % :cry: 20 %
By MisterMuncher
Samanfur wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:02 am
kreuzberger wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:49 am Just in case anyone has forgotten; no tory minister finds themself on (or not on) the frontpage of the S*n by accident.
Exactly. That footage came from someone.
It's easy when it's Hancock. The man's a cunt.

It's in the coming days when people start to realise The Sun has Government CCTV set up like Netflix, they can build and spend ammunition as it suits them, and "the people" have given something resembling tacit approval.

If anyone thinks this is isolated or specific, I've a rather nice bridge to sell you.
Dalem Lake liked this
By Andy McDandy
Downing street say he's apologised and the PM considers the matter closed.

Thing is, if Johnson fires anyone, he a) has to explain why they deserved the sack while so many others didn't, and b) has a petulant wanker running around the back benches with lots of first hand evidence of what's been going on at the very top.

So the only way he can survive is to make sure everyone is in lockstep. Everyone covers for each other, has dirt on each other, and nobody dares break formation because they will either bring the entire house down or, if doing the dirty on someone else, become exposed themselves. Government by joint venture. A rather sick version of collective ministerial responsibility.
Cyclist, Nigredo liked this
By Crabcakes
It's mutually assured destruction, only without the nukes. Still, I hope Cummings is enjoying experiencing what it's like to see someone desperately incompetent and sickeningly arrogant who they want to see fired get let off from the other side of the equation. Might make him slightly self-aware that all the lengthy, waffle-filled blogs and attempts to retcon yourself into a foresight-equipped supergenius in the world are worth sodall when you've installed a sociopath into power who has absolutely no scruples.

Which is a pretty fucking thin silver lining, but in the absence of anything else I'll take it.
By Crabcakes
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:45 pm Hancock got stuck in against Neil Ferguson back in the day.

How can he survive?
Because Johnson has an 80 seat majority. He doesn’t care this might lose him 2 by-elections because he still has plenty of legroom. He doesn’t care if it means people won’t adhere to restrictions now if they have to be brought back in because he’s never really cared anyway, and if anything will delight that it will be easier to blame the public’s bad behaviour for future spikes.

He doesn’t have to do anything, won’t suffer any direct or unmanageable consequences because of it, so won’t lift a finger.
RandomElement, Dalem Lake, Samanfur and 1 others liked this
By satnav
Interesting tweet from Beth Rigby Sky News.

Beth Rigby
@BethRigby
·
5h
Fascinating insight from someone who knows PM well on why he won't ask Hancock to resign: Tells me Johnson will try to 'ignore it all' and is 'still sore' about Michael Howard making him resign from shadow cabinet in 2004 for lying about his affair with Petronella Wyatt #hancock
By Crabcakes
satnav wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:45 pm Interesting tweet from Beth Rigby Sky News.

Beth Rigby
@BethRigby
·
5h
Fascinating insight from someone who knows PM well on why he won't ask Hancock to resign: Tells me Johnson will try to 'ignore it all' and is 'still sore' about Michael Howard making him resign from shadow cabinet in 2004 for lying about his affair with Petronella Wyatt #hancock
Says it all really. It’s still all about him - he’s using Hancock as a proxy for the special treatment he feels he should have had.

He probably thinks this makes him a better leader than Howard as well.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]