:sunglasses: 50 % :pray: 6.3 % :laughing: 34.4 % :cry: 3.1 % :poo: 6.3 %
By satnav
Whilst I'm a big fan of his films when I went to see him speak just before the last election I found him to be rather self indulgent. At a time when all the energy should have been aimed at trying to win the election he used the event to indulge in factional in fighting. His comment went down well with a small section of the audience it hardly inspired people to go out knocking on doors campaigning.
Youngian liked this
By MisterMuncher
The Cornetto Trilogy are all gems, the central notion of taking high concept, genre film ideas and beating them into fairly everyday English/British life and ordinary problems is a thoroughly good one. That they generally succeed at both is the really impressive part.

Baby Driver is a ridiculous film. A jukebox musical heist/car chase film absolutely shouldn't work, but it does.
By Youngian
satnav wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:55 pm Whilst I'm a big fan of his films when I went to see him speak just before the last election

Loach had a fine body of work behind him when he rejoined the party. This helped many forget about his and Jim Allen’s highly offensive antisemitic and infantile play Perdition. As Chris Rock said about Michael Jackson; ‘We liked Michael so much we let the first kid slide.’
Oboogie liked this
By Youngian
Boiler wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:33 pm I know that I'm not in a good headspace at the moment since I stopped taking my little helpers, but I am finding it very difficult to be optimistic about Labour's future right now and more to the point, what sort of society we are headed towards.
I have no idea what the political landscape will be like next saturday tea time.
By Tubby Isaacs
The Campaign Group MPs and sundry media Jez fans are making absolute arses of themselves. None of them are engaging with the substance of Loach's case, it's all films. Or Trevor Phillips. Talking of whom, he made some very good episodes of the London Programme on issues facing working class Londoners. How can such a man be kicked out of Labour? (Satire alert- of course he should be).
Oboogie liked this
By The Weeping Angel
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:23 pm Pathetic by Andrew Fisher.

I'm never very clear what the gay Peter Mandelson is being accused of here.

Hanging around with a nonce? Anyway it's interesting that Fisher should bring up Kes considering that whilst making that film Ken Loach delibrately canned children to get the correct reaction.
Oboogie liked this
By Oboogie
Youngian wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:04 am Ghislaine Maxwell was a well connected socialite that captured Epstein's attention. Gary Barlow and Kylie have probably been to this couple's parties as well.
Dunno about Gary Barlow and Kylie but here she is with Mick Jagger. A quick Google of "Ghislaine Maxwell famous friends brings up loads of people - most of whom mean nothing to me, but I'm not going to call them all sex traffickers or rapists without better evidence than they attended a party or two 20 years ago.

https://pagesix.com/2020/07/02/pre-arre ... friends/#5
Attachments
ghislaine-maxwell Jagger.jpg
ghislaine-maxwell Jagger.jpg (102.59 KiB) Viewed 1841 times
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]