:pray: 50 % :laughing: 50 %
By Youngian
Who do they think Labour’s doorstep pitch of ‘we can’t promise giveaways until serious government is restored’ was aimed at? Maybe pensioners with a few quid thought they’d be exempt from public spending restraint others have endured. Which is a shame as they were the ones who liked the message.
By Bones McCoy
Youngian wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 3:40 pm Who do they think Labour’s doorstep pitch of ‘we can’t promise giveaways until serious government is restored’ was aimed at? Maybe pensioners with a few quid thought they’d be exempt from public spending restraint others have endured. Which is a shame as they were the ones who liked the message.
They likes the message when they thought the spending restraint was for other people.
Oboogie liked this
By mattomac
If they can explain what welfare cuts they were going make after all they suggested several times that it would allow them to cut overall taxes.

They are just a joke, the public don’t really care and if they are going continue as they were they will continue to show no interest.

All we’ve had so far is culture war bollocks and Tom T thinking he could have dealt with the riots sooner, I assume he has a Time Machine as I don’t think Labour were in any way slow to react.
By Crabcakes
mattomac wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 11:40 pm It feels they need a couple of leaders to get it out of their system
I’m guessing:
1. One of the current idiots
2. Terrible performance leads to 1 of 2 things: someone unknown coming in from nowhere, or Tories merge with reform and Farage gets the job
3. GE. Further terrible performance because Farage is an absolutely shit politician when it comes to actually doing stuff, and he’s now inside the tent pissing in. And he turns off loads of less rabid Tory-inclined voters.
4. LDs now official opposition. Maybe something entirely new? Or total collapse?
5. Boris again! Oh, wait he’s changed his mind.
6. Maybe at this point, with Starmer 8 years in, someone comes along with some appeal who isn’t insane
7. Rayner takes over and beats them anyway.
Arrowhead, Oboogie, davidjay liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
Armsteen's kitten heartily approves of this post.
By Tubby Isaacs
Labour doesn't seem to be bothering with defending the public sector pay rises, and the Tory leadership candidates are going to town.

I think the tax rises will probably hurt Labour, unless done extremely cleverly. But I'm sceptical that "Jim Callaghan union paymasters" is going to be a winner.

What I would like is if Labour got some credit from its own side for settling these disputes. Instead, I keep seeing the likes of Unite telling Starmer off for not bringing in a wealth tax.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]