:laughing: 100 %
By Andy McDandy
Bones McCoy wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:19 pm
Meanwhile "Nigel" struggles to name a single footballer post Stanley Matthews.
Who was the one who kicked off in a McDonalds and demanded his burger was cooked by a white man?
By slilley
Andy McDandy wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 11:55 am
Bones McCoy wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:19 pm
Meanwhile "Nigel" struggles to name a single footballer post Stanley Matthews.
Who was the one who kicked off in a McDonalds and demanded his burger was cooked by a white man?
I know Lee Bowyer had some complaints once about the service he received in a McDonalds.
Andy McDandy, Nigredo liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
I tend not to agree with Novara media.

And I think Ashworth has a point about a worrying trend.
By Abernathy
What Malc said. Ashworth is absolutely right to raise concerns about the vile intimidation, abuse, threats and actual violence that he, and other Labour candidates in constituencies with high concentrations of moslem voters, had to endure at this election. It really isn’t a case of simple sour grapes.

These men, and it is exclusively men, really don’t give a fuck about Palestinian folk, if truth be told. Mysogyny, anti-semitism, and lies are their stock-in-trade, with The Gaza crisis no more than a convenient hook upon which to hang their hateful tirades .
Last edited by Abernathy on Thu Jul 11, 2024 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Tubby Isaacs
Philip Marlow wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 4:02 pm I understand losing can be hard, but given that he’s walked into a job with Labour Together I think he might take it a little better than he has been. When your employment prospects have scaled the heights whereby failure is irrelevant you should be happy damn it
Losing your seat and failure aren't really the same thing. By that argument, Penny Mordaunt is a failure and John Hayes is a success. He was a long serving and good shadow who would have made a good minister. That's he's got another job doesn't change much. Same would happen with a leftist MP, with Unite providing the job.

He was closer to what happened than we are. Muslims voting for Labour were told they weren't proper Muslims. I tend to take this stuff in the spirit that I take the SNP doing "no true Scotsman" but the left didn't like the same thing when Jews said it under Corbyn. If that was racism, then there was racism in these campaigns too.
By Tubby Isaacs
Abernathy wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 5:40 pm What Malc said. Ashworth is absolutely right to raise concerns about the vile intimidation, abuse, threats and actual violence that he, and other Labour candidates in constituencies with high concentrations of moslem voters. It really isn’t a case of simple sour grapes.

These men, and it is exclusively men, really don’t give a fuck about Palestinian folk, if truth be told. Mysogyny, anti-semitism, and lies are their stock-in-trade, with The Gaza crisis no more than a convenient hook upon which to hang their hateful tirades .
I think that's a bit strong- there are women visible in these movements, and one of the best performing candidates was Leanne Mohammad. And Gaza does matter massively to Muslims all over the world.

There were some things that happened in campaigns that I really hate, particularly against Rushanara and Shabana. I've little doubt that bigotry against them as non-hijab wearers played a part. But we'll see where these movements go. If they can become Green Party-type organisations, then good luck to them. If the Galloway element get control, then we're all in trouble.

I think these seats are quite like the Tories losing to Greens in my seat. The Tories didn't see them coming and missed open goals- on tax, nuclear disarmament, whatever. I think Labour could have split some of the Independent's coalition with some focus on social issues. I think that's what they did do in Ladywood, by the sound of it.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Abernathy wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 5:40 pm What Malc said. Ashworth is absolutely right to raise concerns about the vile intimidation, abuse, threats and actual violence that he, and other Labour candidates in constituencies with high concentrations of moslem voters, had to endure at this election. It really isn’t a case of simple sour grapes.

And parliament isn't a place to simply make a point about a single issue. MPs have to represent all their constituents and work on all their behalf, and make many different decisions on a local and national field.. I can't see that happening in this case.

There is a great deal of shortsighted magical thinking going on about the power we have over the actions of another country, however base and vile their actions may be.
By Malcolm Armsteen
A thought = has Shockat Adam been sworn in yet? Because the oath of loyalty might be a problem for him.
By The Weeping Angel
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 6:02 pm
Abernathy wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 5:40 pm What Malc said. Ashworth is absolutely right to raise concerns about the vile intimidation, abuse, threats and actual violence that he, and other Labour candidates in constituencies with high concentrations of moslem voters. It really isn’t a case of simple sour grapes.

I think that's a bit strong- there are women visible in these movements, and one of the best performing candidates was Leanne Mohammad. And Gaza does matter massively to Muslims all over the world.

There were some things that happened in campaigns that I really hate, particularly against Rushanara and Shabana. I've little doubt that bigotry against them as non-hijab wearers played a part. But we'll see where these movements go. If they can become Green Party-type organisations, then good luck to them. If the Galloway element get control, then we're all in trouble.

I think these seats are quite like the Tories losing to Greens in my seat. The Tories didn't see them coming and missed open goals- on tax, nuclear disarmament, whatever. I think Labour could have split some of the Independent's coalition with some focus on social issues. I think that's what they did do in Ladywood, by the sound of it.
This is some of what Ashworth had to go through.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/jonathan-ash ... -bullying/
He said during the General Election campaign he was "chased down the street" and "shouted at and screamed at for 40, 45 minutes".

Mr Ashworth added that he was forced to "seek refuge in a vicarage" at one point.

He said he "worried about [his] family and children" sharing that he was "campaigning with [his] 10-year-old because she wanted to help Daddy on Election Day and one of these loud mouths shouted at me that I was Genocide Jon, and everybody despised me".
By Crabcakes
davidjay wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 10:53 pm Is it really only a week?
I know - it’s mad isn’t it? I feel like Starmer has been PM for ages now - most likely because I’m so used to nothing happening, the amount of change and progress already underway feels like it *must* be spread out over a period of many months rather than a mere 7 days.
davidjay liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]