:sunglasses: 30 % :pray: 10 % :laughing: 60 %
By Youngian
Abernathy wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 9:13 pm
Youngian wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 6:54 pm Whatever we may think of Galloway, the battering of the Workers Party canvasser was outrageous.
Could you expand on this, Ian ? I’m somewhat unaware.
This may have been some kind of private beef to explain the lack of interest in this attack
A Workers Party of Britain candidate said he was "fearful for his life" after his son was attacked while canvassing for him.
Wajad Burkey, the party’s general election candidate for Sutton Coldfield, said his son had a head injury after being "beaten up" and was being treated in hospital. He has suspended his campaign.
A group of about eight people arrived on motorbikes and cars before attacking a victim with a baseball bat, West Midlands Police said.
A knife was also produced during the attack, the force added. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/crgrwdex9zzo
By Tubby Isaacs
Still looking at results. The Tories lost both Sutton seats by quite a margin. Plenty of Labour votes for Lib Dems to squeeze next time. And chief Nimbyist Theresa Villiers lost. Encouragingly, the new MP, Dan Tomlinson, has already been on Twitter saying "No, I'm not going to be a nimby".

My prediction is that the Tories, simply by being back in Opposition, will get some Reform votes back they'll be useful to them. And they'll obviously do better in the "Blue Wall" overall. But the Lib Dems look like they could in for a while.
Arrowhead liked this
By davidjay
Youngian wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 4:46 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 11:28 am This crank was nearly an MP. He's got MP in his Twitter name even if he lost. Predictably amplified by 5 Pillars.

Is Mr McIntyre a white bloke cosplaying like Spike Milligan in a turban?
Basically, yes. It's no surprise that many people though he was Asian.
By slilley
Abernathy wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 5:00 pm You don’t “win the count”. You win the election.

Fucking idiot.
A postal vote is a vote just like one cast in person on the day. Of equal value. All votes are counted on the night, so a win is a win. There is not a consolation prize for getting the most in person votes. the key for any party to is to maximise their vote whether it is cast in person, by post, or by proxy. If you dont do thhat you lose. Not hard is it?
By satnav
I think Lee Anderson was planning to blame postal voting fraud if he had lost his seat in Sutton-In-Ashfield. I was out in a restaurant in his constituency last night and the people on the table next to us were going on about how easy it would be to rig the system. One of then had been told that lots of postal votes had arrived from nearby Mansfield. I'm no expert but I would guess that Mansfield is probably the local sorting office for the constituency but I don't suppose his supporters let the facts get in the way of a conspiracy theory.
By RedSparrows
As I recall Trump couldn't grasp the fact that an early surge for him did not mean he won the election. Somehow his useless brain believed that because his numbers were ahead at one point, they always would be. Postal voting contributed to the shift.

But we shouldn't expect consistency or comprehension from Trump.
By Andy McDandy
Yes, he seemed to think that it was a bit like the stock market - wait for the opportune moment and shout "Sell!" (or "Stop!").

Otherwise the postal votes 'debate' seems to be the usual thinly veiled racism - oh, how do you know it's from so-and-so, how do you tell them apart, twenty to a room, the dirty buggers, all using the same passport, of course it's the man who tells them all what to do....
By Killer Whale
What's the modelling? It doesn't seem to want to admit how it has been worked out. Presumably, they've looked at demographic profiles of voters combined with census profiles of wards. That would account for, say isolated reform wards in the deprived parts of central Wales towns, I suppose (Aber Penparcau, Llandrindod North).

I don't think it's to be taken too seriously, though, having seen the sampling around Carmarthen town during the count.
By Malcolm Armsteen
I have had this brought to my attention.
This gentleman came 10th out of 1o, with 98 votes...

https://electionleaflets.org/leaflets/20427/

Have a read...
Arrowhead liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]