:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Youngian
Yug wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:38 pm
Hint to Mr Redwood. The saying "the customer is always right" was dreamed up by an American businessman as a gimmick and is not backed up by any research.

In fact, many customers are too bloody stupid to have any clue as to what they want. Best leave that sort of thing to people who know what they're doing, eh?
My former boss, maverick poet publisher Felix Dennis claimed his only skill is knowing what you’ll read six months before you do. Simon Cowell said similar about our ears.
By Bones McCoy
Youngian wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:06 pm
Yug wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:38 pm
Hint to Mr Redwood. The saying "the customer is always right" was dreamed up by an American businessman as a gimmick and is not backed up by any research.

In fact, many customers are too bloody stupid to have any clue as to what they want. Best leave that sort of thing to people who know what they're doing, eh?
My former boss, maverick poet publisher Felix Dennis claimed his only skill is knowing what you’ll read six months before you do. Simon Cowell said similar about our ears.
It's also a truncated mis-quote, just like "One bad apple".

The whole phrase is "The customer is always right in matters of taste".

That removes the nosey shop assistant "Ohh that colour won't suit your glasses frames".
While leaving "I'm sorry, these coupons expired three years ago" firmly in play.
By Youngian
Another annoying one is the Dave Spart take on Karl Marx’s ‘Religion is the opium of the people’ being about the ruling class feeding it to us like a drug, man. Marx was being more poetic and interesting than that. Suggesting religion is an expression of our humanity in a world that has little of it. The heart of the heartless world.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Cynical to the last: Tory ministers aiming to be reshuffled to the backbenches. Why? So they can start sucking at the corporate teat as soon as they lose their seats...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... -reshuffle

some admit privately they have signalled a desire to move to the backbenches. Doing so allows them to start running down the clock on the up-to-two-year ban that can be imposed on taking up a private sector job after leaving Whitehall.
Scum.
By Watchman
Hopefully any “potential employer” will have seen how useless these specimens really are, especially if they no longer have the lobbying leverage. Let’s be honest, Gullis, 30p, etc where are they going to get such an easy gig, okay GBeebies for a few, but not the majority, and even that has a shelf-life
By Watchman
Where’s Mercer, so call Minister for Veterans? Bet he’ll get his wife to do some scarky comment

A 98-year-old D-day veteran has been evicted from his rented bungalow in Dorset and moved into a single room in a hostel.

Alfred Guenigault lived for seven years in the rented property in Ferndown with his daughter Deb Dean, who is his carer, and her husband, Bernard Dean. All three have been forced to move after being served with a no-fault eviction notice by their landlord.
By Youngian
Bones McCoy wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:47 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:03 pm Ben Wallace announced he's leaving the Government in the reshuffle and standing down as an MP in 2024.
He's taking the NATO thing pretty well - considering.
Seems Mr Grownup is a self serving unstable prick like the rest of them

Speaking of which, boo hoo Rishi won’t give me a job
By Bones McCoy
Watchman wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:32 pm Hopefully any “potential employer” will have seen how useless these specimens really are, especially if they no longer have the lobbying leverage. Let’s be honest, Gullis, 30p, etc where are they going to get such an easy gig, okay GBeebies for a few, but not the majority, and even that has a shelf-life
Where?
I understand the likes of G4S require people to order thugs about.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]