:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Malcolm Armsteen
Daniel 'Titfondler' Korski has withdrawn from the London Mayoral Tory omnishambles.

Good.

Apparently there was a growing 'me too' movement...
By Bones McCoy
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:56 pm Daniel 'Titfondler' Korski has withdrawn from the London Mayoral Tory omnishambles.

Good.

Apparently there was a growing 'me too' movement...
Saaaaaad, he seemed to be ConservativeHome's candidate of choice.

I await their article explaining how he was hounded out by the blob.
Or his inability to keep his hands off a pair of blobs.
By satnav
I did wonder if Johnson would try and throw his hat in the ring but I think is petulant behaviour after the privileges committee published its report made it impossible for the Tory Party to select him as their official candidate.

He would probably have a better chance of winning if stood as an independent candidate but that would lead to him being kicked out of the party with no way back.
By Tubby Isaacs
He's even less popular in London than elsewhere, and would be lucky to come fourth. But even so it's still the best chance he has of running for something and making a splash. Maybe he could go for "big fish in small pond" and run for the directly elected leader of Suffolk next year (this is actually happening).
By Youngian
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:05 pm Maybe he could go for "big fish in small pond" and run for the directly elected leader of Suffolk next year (this is actually happening).
Is that why Matt Hancock has been spilling the beans over Johnson cancelling pandemic preparations?
Christ knows what dismal Tory hacks will be elected Mayors of Suffolk and Norfolk.
By Crabcakes
Watchman wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:15 pm Tin foil time: wonder if a previous incumbent of City Hall, now with time on his hands, might start to test the water
Given Mr Frit seems to run like hell from anything that isn’t a zero effort done deal where the result is a direct reflection on him, I can’t see him risking a humiliating defeat against Khan. In fact, if he did run I think he’d be risking a humiliating defeat to count binface.
By Yug
Crabcakes wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:54 pm
Watchman wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:15 pm Tin foil time: wonder if a previous incumbent of City Hall, now with time on his hands, might start to test the water
<snip>
. In fact, if he did run I think he’d be risking a humiliating defeat to count binface.
Now you've got me really really hoping he *does* run.
By Andy McDandy
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:05 pm He's even less popular in London than elsewhere, and would be lucky to come fourth.
Good point. If Londoners love him so much, why does he hightail it out of there whenever he can?
Oboogie liked this
By Watchman
I’m sure that on Planet de Piffle, he is absolutely convinced there are large swaths of the country that would welcome him into a prominent role with open arms, proving (to himself) that he was right all along and that he will return to save us all
By Crabcakes
Watchman wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:37 am I’m sure that on Planet de Piffle, he is absolutely convinced there are large swaths of the country that would welcome him into a prominent role with open arms, proving (to himself) that he was right all along and that he will return to save us all
I dunno about this. I think he's 100% a vain, self-important egotistical sociopath who thinks he deserves everything, but he's also no Trump - he's self-aware enough to know when he's not going to win and runs away first crying about being hounded out and things being rigged so he can't have a fair go (as opposed to trying, losing, and then crying about any result not being legit). He bottled it immediately when Gove stabbed him in the back, bottled it when he clearly didn't have the support to challenge Sunak post-Truss, and bottled it when the standards committee found against him rather than face the house and electorate (and got a 2 for 1 as that saved him bottling it from his previously safe seat before the next GE - a seat he made unsafe through his own shitness). He's demonstrably an absolute and utter coward, and only ever plays if he knows the odds are already stacked in his favour.

Consequently, any Johnson comeback is now going to be limited by how much of an easy ride it is and I just can't see him getting that ride as there are too many variables. He might fancy a go at becoming leader of the opposition again purely to fulfil some level of his Churchill fantasy if he can bully his way into an ultra-safe seat and then muster enough loons to get him on the ballot, but even if he did that I bet he'd find some excuse to bail before a GE if it looked like he would lose. His biggest 'win' in terms of going up against half-decent competition (which is why I don't count 2019 against Jez, as his main asset there was Jez himself) was as London mayor, and even that was against a tired Ken Livingstone when Johnson was widely seen as a modern, liberal Tory - yet he still dropped 50,000 votes on his second election when Livingstone stood again while the labour vote held steady.

Now though, wherever he stands and whatever he stands for, he will be seen as a lying, corrupt, right-wing brexiteer Tory with even *more* baggage than Corbyn. The circumstances where he could do any better than seriously damaged leader of the opposition are incredibly low because he'd be a gift to whoever he stood against.
Yug, Watchman liked this
By Youngian
Crabcakes wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:43 am He's demonstrably an absolute and utter coward, and only ever plays if he knows the odds are already stacked in his favour.
Funny that as Rory Stewart recalls at 13m onwards how Johnson hauled him over the coals for not leading from the front (for telling ambassadors to dump the Global Britain shit in Africa for obvious reasons). Bozo told Stewart you got to lead like a lion like he used when captaining the rugger team.
https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/t ... 0618520099
By Yug
On top of Crabbie's excellent post above, being LOTO entails responsibility, work, and scrutiny. Three things Johnson has demonstrated he is utterly terrified of.

I don't think he'll even try for it.
Watchman liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]