:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Youngian
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:42 pm Gove's noticed how all this stuff is going. Badly.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... -to-natcon
Michael Gove says Tories will not win election with culture wars
Minister says focus should be on economics and public services a day after Suella Braverman’s highly partisan speech
No one expected that weaselly shitbag to be hanging around for the last helicopter out of Saigon.
Farage is nothing to do with that lot either. So who is now the Brexit Top Cat prepared to man the barricades, Bill Cash?
By Crabcakes
Oboogie wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 6:22 pm Nat Cs by name, Nazis by nature.
Do you know what? I do love my country - the country summed up by the opening ceremony of the 2012 Olympics, and the hosting of Eurovision on behalf of Ukraine. Open, honest, decent, welcoming, fair and compassionate. This absolute shower of cunts don’t and never have loved their country or any part of it, and certainly not its people. What they love is a distant memory of empire, and power. Whether that’s military power, or the simple ability to decide whether someone will be able to afford to eat tomorrow or not. It’s the love of being able to destroy people and things on a whim and walk away smiling, consequence free.
Oboogie, Samanfur, mattomac and 4 others liked this
By Oboogie
Crabcakes wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:00 pm
Oboogie wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 6:22 pm Nat Cs by name, Nazis by nature.
Do you know what? I do love my country - the country summed up by the opening ceremony of the 2012 Olympics, and the hosting of Eurovision on behalf of Ukraine. Open, honest, decent, welcoming, fair and compassionate. This absolute shower of cunts don’t and never have loved their country or any part of it, and certainly not its people. What they love is a distant memory of empire, and power. Whether that’s military power, or the simple ability to decide whether someone will be able to afford to eat tomorrow or not. It’s the love of being able to destroy people and things on a whim and walk away smiling, consequence free.
Attachments
2dba728663040e86ff77ab162ad41987.jpg
2dba728663040e86ff77ab162ad41987.jpg (18.06 KiB) Viewed 2071 times
By satnav
Somebody can be a critic of the EU without demanding a full withdrawal from the EU. At the end of the Covid epidemic a number of EU countries were calling for the EU to kick start economies in the EU by spending money on major projects while other countries opposed the EU splashing the cash. In the end a compromise was reached and no country felt the need to quit the EU in protest.
Spoonman liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
Bizarre effort from Oliver Dowden at PMQs here.
Rayner says they all want minimum service levels. It is the government that is failing to provide them, because it has run services into the ground. She says the government is on track to make child poverty worse. When she was a young mum, she remembers the sick feeling in her stomach worrying about meeting her bills. What level of poverty does Dowden consider a success?

Dowden says, as a comprehensive school boy, he won’t take lectures from Labour. He says the Tories have taken more than a million people out of poverty.
Don't tell me about poverty, I went to a comprehensive school! Do even the buffoons on his own backbenches buy this rubbish? Does he really think this is comparable to Angela Rayner's background?
By Crabcakes
RedSparrows wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 12:52 pm I went to a comp. I remember well the proto-Dowdens. Thick as anything, with money to smooth the edges off*

*just not enough for the 'good' school, natch
That’s the tell, isn’t it? Dowden is ashamed of his past and thinks he had experienced poverty just because he didn’t go to Eton like so many of his awful colleagues.
By Youngian
The first line of Magna Carta says this: the Church in England shall be free. But Magna Carta didn’t matter. During Covid the Church in England was not free. It was shut.
Danny’s a Freeman of the Land.

We have overseen the radicalisation of a generation In the name of a new ideology, a new religion – a mix of Marxisim and narcissism and paganism, self-worship and nature-worship all wrapped up in revolution.
What’s nature worship? Could be the Wicker Man or Sid James camping.
Last edited by Youngian on Wed May 17, 2023 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Crabcakes
Back when Michael Howard was Tory leader and they came out with their godawful “Are you thinking what we’re thinking?” campaign, I jokingly said to a mate that eventually they’ll probably adopt the slogan “It’s not facist to be facist, is it?”.

Turns out if anything, that seems too subtle for the current lot.
Dalem Lake liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
Youngian wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:57 pm
The first line of Magna Carta says this: the Church in England shall be free. But Magna Carta didn’t matter. During Covid the Church in England was not free. It was shut.
Danny’s a Freeman of the Land.

We have overseen the radicalisation of a generation In the name of a new ideology, a new religion – a mix of Marxisim and narcissism and paganism, self-worship and nature-worship all wrapped up in revolution.
What’s nature worship? Could be the Wicker Man or Sid James camping.
There are some pretty formidable nature worshippers among the Tory base when anyone tries to build a railway line or housing estate.

I expect Danny means people who are concerned about climate change.

Did Magna Carter die in vain?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]