:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Bones McCoy
Andy McDandy wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:40 pm I suspect Redwood knows and cares as much about football as he does the Welsh national anthem.

Yeah, it's a party line. Seen it from a fair few Tories.
A lot of "usual suspects" tweeting, demonstrating they know nothing about football, and surprising nobody in the process.
By RedSparrows
Crabcakes wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:34 pm “Siri, show me an example of someone desperate to stay relevant and in the public eye after being rumbled as a total charlatan”

This is the same shit the US alt-right throw out as if it's the height of comedy.
By Andy McDandy
1. Quite a lot of those were Nazis.

2. IT'S NOT A FUCKING EITHER/OR SITUATION, NOR IS IT A FUCKING COMPETITION, AND BELIEVE IT OR NOT WE DON'T THINK MUCH OF STALIN EITHER.
Spoonman, Oboogie liked this
By RedSparrows
'Hey guys, how's this for a radical plan!'
'What, Fordy?'
'How about, and go with me here, we actually try to imagine a future that's better by standards NOT of the gutter?'
'Holy shit. You mean... we don't govern for the benefit of a minority of unappeasable but reliably-voting cunts, but actually broaden the church and, oh I dunno, read something that isn't cod market economics 101 every night?'
'Sounds like work, actually'
'Hmmm'
By Youngian
Crabcakes wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:31 am Well looks like the small boats policy has really turned it around for the Tories. 360 degrees in fact, as it’s made fuck-all difference.

At this rate they might have to do something really radical and start trying good ideas to make the polls shift.

All at sea in a rudderless dinghy. Sunak’s last sunny idea was to pay for us to go down the pub for a meal during a pandemic. That was the last time he was commonly known as Rishi.
By Yug
History repeats itself. Cash for questions is back on the menu.

A Tory MP is facing questions over issues he raised in the House of Commons about a constituent’s business interests after his local Conservative association received thousands in donations.

Labour has said David Simmonds should justify the comments after it was revealed he received a £1,500 ticket to a Tory fundraiser from a local businessman whose hotel supplies firm he had asked a parliamentary question about.

Puneet Bhalla, the founder of the luxury hospitality products supplier Maxim World, had earlier given £10,000 to Simmonds’ local association...

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... in-commons
They can't help themselves, can they.
By Youngian
It’s an MP’s job to ask questions effecting constituents’ livelihood but it’s not worth £11,500. A Tory MP’s market value in the fight to mitigate Brexit chaos, is zero. Mr Bhalla has been mugged off like Senator Clay Davis in the Wire shaking down Stringer Bell.*
“I recently met my constituent, Puneet Bhalla, who is the founder and chief executive of Maxim World, a very successful small exporter of hotel goods across the world. He told me of some of the challenges that small and medium-sized exporters are facing with post-Brexit trade arrangements,” Simmonds said in the debate.
* An aspirant drug kingpin is rinsed of his cash by a politician in order to get on the city council supplier list. Only to discover he only had to fill in a form.
By Yug
This is definitely the right place for this...

The UK has been downgraded in an annual global index of civic freedoms as a result of the government’s “increasingly authoritarian” drive to impose restrictive and punitive laws on public protests.

The Civicus Monitor, which tracks the democratic and civic health of 197 countries across the world, said the UK government was creating a “hostile environment” towards campaigners, charities and other civil society bodies.

The UK’s willingness to clamp down on civic freedoms such as the right to peaceful assembly means it is now classified as “obstructed” – putting it alongside countries such as Poland, South Africa and Hungary.

“The downgrade reflects the worrying trends we are seeing in restrictions across civil society that are threatening our democracy. The government should be setting a positive example to countries that have clamped down on civic space,” said Stephanie Draper, the chief executive of the Bond charity, a partner in the Civicus collaboration.

She added: “The UK is becoming increasingly authoritarian and is among concerning company in the Civicus Monitor ratings as restrictive laws and dangerous rhetoric are creating a hostile environment towards civil society in the UK.”...

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... doms-index
They act in an increasingly authoritarian fashion, devise policies that deliberately create fear and hatred, denigrate the arts, trash public health and education, turn a blind eye to corruption and other criminal acts if committed by the 'right' sort of people... The list is seemingly endless. The only thing stopping them from donning the uniform and going the whole hog is their own cowardice.

I think the reason Lineker noticed their rhetoric is redolent of 1930s Germany is because they are turning themselves into Fascists. This is apparent when vile people like Braverman can demonstrate that they honestly believe things like fairness and decency run counter to British values, and no-one in her Party disagrees with her.

It will come as no startling revelation to hear that these people really are disgusting racist, misogynistic, homophobic anti-intellectual wannabe fascists. Is it any wonder the Metropolitan Police (and others) were allowed to get away with so much for so long? Just remember this - they had a fit of the vapours when they were (rightly) referred to as"scum", and they had a toy-throwing meltdown when called out on their fascist rhetoric. They are the real snowflakes. But dangerous ones.

They need to be removed from positions where they can continue to do their damage. The next GE cannot come soon enough.
Oboogie, davidjay, Malcolm Armsteen and 8 others liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]