:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Malcolm Armsteen
satnav wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:00 pm Would the membership really back Johnson knowing that two thirds of MPs don't support him?
Yes. Do bears shit in their own porridge?
Arrowhead, mattomac liked this
By Abernathy
For what it’s worth, here is my prediction : At 2pm on Monday, it will be announced that only Rishi Sunak has verifiably met the 100 nominations threshold, and he will therefore be declared the new leader of the Conservative Party, and our new PM. The Tories will have dodged the massive bullet of allowing the swivel-eyed nutjobs that gave us Truss to vote for a Boris Johnson comeback. Which is, from a Labour point of view, slightly disappointing, but hey-ho. I think we are past the “tipping point” now, whereby the majority of the electorate has already firmly resolved to get shot of this lousy government- whenever the elecion comes.

So, watch out for PM Sunak on Monday.
Last edited by Abernathy on Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Bones McCoy
satnav wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:09 pm I suppose Sunak could make him Foreign Secretary or Britain's ambassador to the US and tell him to feck off for the next two years. Making in an ambassador would be a good way of ensuring he dodges the privileges committee.
Hmm, I thought I was pretty conniving, but even I never considered that angle.

By Youngian
satnav wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:09 pm I suppose Sunak could make him Foreign Secretary or Britain's ambassador to the US and tell him to feck off for the next two years. Making in an ambassador would be a good way of ensuring he dodges the privileges committee.
Johnson’s unfit for any public office let alone the diplomatic service. Offering something so beneath him or let him fester on the backbenches (on holiday).
By Andy McDandy
He's the last person you'd want as an ambassador. Undiplomatic, can't follow orders, prone to making shit up on the hoof. Cuddly funtime Boris is pretty much a solely British thing. Watch a clip of his "science" speech* at the UN and you'll see what the rest of the world thinks.

Now there's a vacancy thanks to prince Andrew, make him one of those ioke trade envoys and stick him on a flying Sunshine coach and sod him off to Saudi to flog guns (and floggers).

*The one with Prometheus and the Terminator. Fuck, did I just write that?
By Watchman
Youngian wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:04 pm What are these Telegraph fuckwits smoking today? What reason would Sunak have to do a deal with Johnson? Make his life a misery would be a sensible move.
I read it as “we’re desperate to get de Pifflecunt back into government, but need to avoid the embarrassment of him not getting enough votes”
By Crabcakes
Sunak and Johnson aren’t being urged to strike a deal. Sunak is being pleaded with to throw Johnson a bone. Johnson has just come up horribly short after his and his fanclub’s bluster, and is now trying to bullshit his way into a face- and ego-saving position because he’s not going to make it to 100. And he’s not going to make 100 because he’s an awful shit.
By Andy McDandy
Meanwhile, his fanclub have likely promised to wreak havoc unless he's given something substantial, preferably with a grace and favour home attached. Back to the foreign office for him?
By Crabcakes
Bones McCoy wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:04 pm How transparent was the "Yes we have a hundred" gambit.
They might as well have painted it on the side of a bus.

Pro tip:- Don't deliver this message through proven liars on behalf of a proven liar.
I’m hoping he gets to exactly 99, because his face when the deadline passes would be *chef’s kiss*
Arrowhead, mattomac liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]