:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
I really can’t see Johnson being able to stand . They went to quite a lot of trouble to get shot of the fucker, remember. Seems counter-intuitive that they’d have him back.
Arrowhead, Oboogie liked this
Counter intuitive, you say.

160,000 old, white south-eastern racists? Unintuitive?

Don't say...
Abernathy wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:55 pm I really can’t see Johnson being able to stand . They went to quite a lot of trouble to get shot of the fucker, remember. Seems counter-intuitive that they’d have him back.
I agree. They're deeply unrepresentative, with their prejudices, but when they chose Johnson last time it was rational if you see the issue as "Who gets those Brexit Party voters back?"

He's not a rational choice now.
Oboogie liked this
I'm coming at this from a different angle, I really can't see why Johnson would want to come back even if he could.

As things stand, he can trade on his record (if he's selective, which he is):
He won a massive election victory,
got Brexit done,
was first out of the trap with COVID vaccines,
'led the world' in supporting Ukraine.
He was never defeated in an election and was pushed out for 'a minor infraction of the COVID rules' - no reflection on his towering statue as a statesman.
Each of those claims contain a element of truth and probably look pretty impressive to people who don't scrutinise them.
On the back of his achievements he can now command substantial sums as a guest speaker which he's probably very good at. Crucially, I expect he finds it easy and he is a lazy fucker.
Why would he chuck it all in to spend two years as PM in a financial crisis only to lose an election at the end of it?
Seems to me he has lots to lose and nothing to gain.
Arrowhead liked this
By Oboogie
Crabcakes wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:53 pm The why is because it’s Boris fucking Johnson. The comeback is pure ego - shows he’s invincible, he’s loved, he’s the new Churchill.
He's already been PM, so that gains him nothing he hasn't already got.
As for showing he's invincible, it'll prove the opposite.
So far he's won two London Mayoral elections and a landslide General Election, the comeback is likely to end in his first electoral defeat.
Oboogie wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:48 pm I'm coming at this from a different angle, I really can't see why Johnson would want to come back even if he could.

As things stand, he can trade on his record (if he's selective, which he is):
He won a massive election victory,
got Brexit done,
was first out of the trap with COVID vaccines,
'led the world' in supporting Ukraine.
He was never defeated in an election and was pushed out for 'a minor infraction of the COVID rules' - no reflection on his towering statue as a statesman.
Each of those claims contain a element of truth and probably look pretty impressive to people who don't scrutinise them.
On the back of his achievements he can now command substantial sums as a guest speaker which he's probably very good at. Crucially, I expect he finds it easy and he is a lazy fucker.
Why would he chuck it all in to spend two years as PM in a financial crisis only to lose an election at the end of it?
Seems to me he has lots to lose and nothing to gain.

Wasn’t the reason they got rid of because his judgement is so bad he made a sex pest a whip.
mattomac wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:28 am Wasn’t the reason they got rid of because his judgement is so bad he made a sex pest a whip.
That's what they said and indirectly it's true, but if the Tories had been riding high in the polls the Paterson case would have been swept under the carpet. Johnson went because the asset had become a liability.
What can he ride in on; he got Brexit done, so that’s out, COVID as far he and the faithful are concerned we’re cured, Ukraine is not exactly the photo opportunity anymore. What he’ll come into is a fucked economy, and that’s the sort of reality he can’t make vague noises about
By AOB
davidjay wrote:I think/hope that he's putting out feelers and realising that beyond a few headbanging MPs and Twitter bots he hasn't got the support he thinks he has.
In August, when it was down to Sunak and Truss, a poll of Tory members said they would vote Johnson back ahead of the pair of them. He'll get over 100 MPs easy.

Tory members still prefer Johnson to Truss and Sunak by a long way, poll shows
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]