:sunglasses: 50 % :pray: 6.3 % :laughing: 34.4 % :cry: 3.1 % :poo: 6.3 %
By Abernathy
Wimborne-Idrssi getting elected is a bit of a blot on the copybook, but in the finish isn’t all that significant, other than, as the Jewish Labour Movement say, a worrying indicator that the party has not yet completely eradicated its anti-semitism problem.

Wimborne-Idrissi is a nasty, nasty individual, and no doubt will use her time on the NEC to disrupt things as much as she possibly can, but the pro-Starmer majority on the NEC is actually increased with these elections, and in a crucial pre-election year. I’m annoyed, but not particularly worried, by this.
Arrowhead liked this
By Abernathy
Andy McDandy wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:24 am JVFL vs JLM, in all honesty when do the Popular Front weigh in?
For new readers, the Jewish Labour Movement is an official affiliate of the Labour Party, formerly known as Poale Zion and affiliated to the party since 1920.

“Jewish Voice for Labour” is in essence a Trot front organisation consisting of Jewish Labour Trots, set up in 2017 at the height of the Corbyn shambles. It might validly be described as the Jewish Corbyn Fan Club.
By Tubby Isaacs
JVL Introduction
David Miller has gone on the record, giving his account of the events at Bristol University which culminated in his recent dismissal in an interview published by Politics Today.

His reflections towards the end of the wider implications of this case are particularly interesting, for instance his suggestion that the growth of pro-Israel organizations in recent years is not because there has been an upswing of support for Israeli, but precisely becuse of its decline.

As is the issue he raises of how very difficult it is for institutions that have to deal with the question of antisemitism and inequalities, to even contemplate the possibility that some of the allegations might be made in bad faith…
Great judgement there. Put this person on the NEC.
By Arrowhead
Rosie Cooper is standing down as an MP, in order to take up the position as chair of the local NHS Foundation Trust. A by-election is likely to take place later in the autumn.

I can't see West Lancashire being too much of a problem for Labour, she managed a pretty good vote share there (52.1%) at GE2019, especially considering what was happening everywhere else.

I wonder if a Burnham or Balls might be tempted to jump back into the fray?

EDIT: just realised this was the MP targeted by a Neo-Nazi nutjob a couple of years ago. Can't really blame her for jumping ship.
By Arrowhead
Are you sharing that because you agree with the sentiment?

I know Burnham has his critics, but he was a very long way from being a terrible MP IMO. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Labour could do with attack dogs like Burnham or Balls back in parliament, they'd provide a useful counterbalance to Starmer's cautious approach.
kreuzberger liked this
By The Weeping Angel
Arrowhead wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:23 pm Are you sharing that because you agree with the sentiment?

I know Burnham has his critics, but he was a very long way from being a terrible MP IMO. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Labour could do with attack dogs like Burnham or Balls back in parliament, they'd provide a useful counterbalance to Starmer's cautious approach.
I'm not against Burnham running necessarily just why would he give up a posistion where he has a lot of power to be a backbench MP again when he'll have none.
By Arrowhead
The Weeping Angel wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:33 pm I'm not against Burnham running necessarily just why would he give up a posistion where he has a lot of power to be a backbench MP again when he'll have none.
True, although I suspect Burnham wouldn’t stay on the backbenches for very long - Starmer would presumably want him in his shadow cabinet sooner rather than later. Given his relative popularity in the North, I’d imagine Starmer would want Burnham in a very prominent role in time for the GE.
By Malcolm Armsteen
I read that 140 constituency parties have submitted motions urging the NEC/national party to support the introduction of proportional representation if we win the next GE...

I wonder if that will ever happen.
By Dalem Lake
Only if Labour or a Lablour led coalition in government implement the change without a referendum, because if there was one you know that the media will swing all their weight behind opposing it because with PR the Tories, and ultimately their own interests, would be fucked.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Natch. It would have to be a big manifesto commitment. I'm not sure the present leadership could be that bold - possibly in a second administration?
Abernathy liked this
By Andy McDandy
"We have a perfectly good and simple system - whoever gets the most votes wins"

"They can't win any other way"

"This will allow all sorts of cranks into parliament"

"Coalitions of chaos from now on"

"We can't afford it"

Any more likely talking points for those opposing PR?
Arrowhead liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
'We've always done it this way'
'The people are simple, they won't understand it'
'That's how they got Hitler'
By Malcolm Armsteen
Naomi Wimborne-Idrissi has been suspended from the NEC (she is a bit of an anti-semite and a Corbynista) for speaking at Resist, a proscribed organisation run by Gauleiter Chris Williamson.

This is a development to be generally applauded.

Explanation:
https://labourlist.org/2022/09/labour-n ... ups-event/
Oboogie, Arrowhead liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]