:sunglasses: 50 % :laughing: 43.8 % :cry: 6.3 %
By Samanfur
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:32 pmSurely he can't be in the Cabinet with this hanging over him?
Twenty years ago, I'd have agreed with you. But anything goes now.
Spoonman, Nigredo liked this
By Andy McDandy
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:38 pm Surely after Truss's ratings in that debate (I didn't watch), the Frosties and ERG have to find another candidate? Are the attacks on Mordaunt going to stop very suddenly?
Thing is, she's not trying to appeal to us, but to them. Getting their person in is what matters. Intelligence and empathy are optional extras.
By Tubby Isaacs
Samanfur wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:40 pm
Twenty years ago, I'd have agreed with you. But anything goes now.
I don't know. Lying to the house has certainly become much less of a problem for (mostly Tory) politicians. But tax stuff is probably more poisonous now than before. See Sunak's wife. Sunak only just got away with that, probably because it was his wife not him. Zahawi personally avoiding millions and lying about it would be worse than that, and it certainly wouldn't be a "new start", which all the candidates have emphasized.

From what Neidle says, Zahawi would be well advised to phone his tax accountant up on Monday morning, with instructions to sort out the "misunderstanding". I expect that there'd normally be a bit of back and forth over what an acceptable settlement is (ie how much discount from the max will HMRC give to avoid hassle and the risk of losing in court?) But I'd hope this time that HMRC really hardballed. "Still want to be in the Cabinet, Mr Zahawi?" That sort of thing.

This all presupposed that they don't open a criminal investigation, which it sounds like they might, even if proof might be difficult.
By Boiler
Bones McCoy wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:40 pm An "enemy of the people" has merged Truss failing to exit the conference with commentary from one man and his dog.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1547551465669017601
Hell's Bells, all of a sudden it's 1988 and I'm in a small dubbing suite at Telly Centre...
By Bones McCoy
Andy McDandy wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:46 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:38 pm Surely after Truss's ratings in that debate (I didn't watch), the Frosties and ERG have to find another candidate? Are the attacks on Mordaunt going to stop very suddenly?
Thing is, she's not trying to appeal to us, but to them. Getting their person in is what matters. Intelligence and empathy are optional extras.
The client press will do a cosmetic paste-up job on the winner.
Presentability, organisation or sanity don't matter when you have Quentin Letts narrating your greatness to the nation.
By Youngian
An Afro-Caribbean woman clinching the top job would a great event for the country even if you don’t vote for her or admire the low bar Kemi’s cleared. And it’ll be a big unexpected shock for the most lowlife wankers in British society.
The problem is Bad Enoch is an unscrupulous and unpleasant politician willing to appropriate any old toxic culture war nonsense that omits a few of Nick Griffin’s contributions. Her willingness to indulge and provide cover for these extreme elements in a premiership could take the country into very dangerous territory.
By Malcolm Armsteen
She's not Afro-Caribbean, she's of Nigerian heritage, born Olukemi Olufunto Adegoke, in Wimbledon.
By Boiler
Bones McCoy wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:01 pm The "And then they came for me" moment.

Conservative Party leadership: Stop toxic politics, says Penny Mordaunt

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62196547
Fuck off, Mordaunt.

You and your mates started all this toxic shit off and now it's being turned on you, you don't like it.

Ever heard of the phrase "As you sow, so shall you reap"?
Arrowhead liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]