:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
Considering he has almost 100 MPs bound by "cabinet joint responsibility" today's vote is hardly a triumph.

Looking forward, it'll be interesting to see whether the experience changes his premiership.
I really cannot see a liar and a bully changing for the better.
Will we see:

Increasing "Red Meat" Policies with Drunken Dorris sent out to reprise her screaming bag lady act?

A purge of waverers. Anybody unwilling to drink from the communal slops barrel suffering demotion and a head flushing.

A reshuffle with selected "escape goats" punted to the back benches; because "It wasn't Boris' fault".

Place your bets now.
ConservativeHome comments seem around 70 / 30 against Johnson.

However there's always one swivel eyed nutter:
Name the traitors and deselect them.
They cannot now try for another confidence vote for another year.
Name the rebels so we can deselect them.
Boris can now call a General Election now at any time..
Thank you Nadine.

And a more rational response
If Johnson named removed the whip from every MP who voted against him (which he literally cannot do because it was an anonymous ballot), the government would no longer have a majority.

If he called a General Election right now, the Conservative Party would lose. Worse, we would run the risk of a Labour minority government supported by the SNP, which could very well spell the end of the union.

The stability of the Parliamentary majority, the future of the United Kingdom itself. Is there nothing which you would not sacrifice on the alter of Boris Johnson?
Last edited by Bones McCoy on Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bones McCoy wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:07 am Looking forward, it'll be interesting to see whether the experience changes his premiership.
Will we see:
Bear in mind that nearly dying of a virus didn’t change his approach to stopping other people dying from the same virus one iota - if anything, his coming away unscathed seems to have reinforced his belief that the norms do not apply to him. So I reckon business as usual.
By Boiler
Crabcakes wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:57 am
Bones McCoy wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:07 am Looking forward, it'll be interesting to see whether the experience changes his premiership.
Will we see:
Bear in mind that nearly dying of a virus didn’t change his approach to stopping other people dying from the same virus one iota - if anything, his coming away unscathed seems to have reinforced his belief that the norms do not apply to him. So I reckon business as usual.
Johnson was never in danger from Covid: ICU was no more than a stunt.
Crabcakes wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:18 pm I think it’s going to be close - close enough that it will be terminal regardless, but also paralysing in the meantime while they try and rejig the rules to allow another attempt as soon as the Wakefield election results come in.

And all the while they’ll be not so subtly briefing against each other.

Why wait for the Wakefield results?

Boris Johnson could face another confidence vote in just six months as the leading Conservative committee is looking at changing the rules after he survived last night's vote, a senior Tory rebel has said.

Tobias Ellwood, who voted against the prime minister, said he understands the heads of the 1922 Committee of backbench Tory MPs are now looking at altering the rules so the leader of the Tory party could face another confidence vote within a year of surviving one...

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/boris-jo ... p-12629188

By Boiler
Crabcakes wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:57 am The thing with scare tactics is that to work, they have to be suggesting something considerably worse than the status quo…
The only "fear" (for the likes of Dacre) in that is the break-up of the Union. They seem to forget that The Asset was doing a very good job of bringing that about.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]