:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Youngian
If the Tories were audacious enough to elect Ellwood and march back to the centre right after a purge of the Johnson gang, Labour would be fucked. Rachel Reeves’ corner shop protectionist pronouncements will be taken to pieces as a Venezuelan Brexit instead of a rich Norwegian one the Tories are now offering.
Boiler liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
Well yesterday, in error, I went through the EU Passport channel (French side) at the Tunnel. Not a word was said, passports nodded through. As Mrs A said, 'they can't be arsed with all that bollocks.'
Youngian liked this
By Boiler
Andy McDandy wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:18 am I love this. Upgrade Brexit by, erm, totally going back on it.
It's not totally going back on it, but SM+CU was always going to be the sane option.

Unfortunately a lot of insane foamers (not the Aussie vernacular there) wanted something that did the most damage to the country short term in order to both destabilise it and make a quick buck.
By Youngian
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:23 am Well yesterday, in error, I went through the EU Passport channel (French side) at the Tunnel. Not a word was said, passports nodded through. As Mrs A said, 'they can't be arsed with all that bollocks.'
Still no import inspections (postponed for the fourth time) as the UK can’t be arsed with all that bollocks. Rees-Mogg has also noticed no one can be arsed with Brexit apart from Bozo.
By Youngian
Boiler wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:42 am
Andy McDandy wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:18 am I love this. Upgrade Brexit by, erm, totally going back on it.
It's not totally going back on it, but SM+CU was always going to be the sane option.

Unfortunately a lot of insane foamers (not the Aussie vernacular there) wanted something that did the most damage to the country short term in order to both destabilise it and make a quick buck.
The decision to leave the SM and CU grew out of a tactical decision by Farage who could see the rule taker trap* down the line. Unshackled to sign our own better trade deals was plucked out of his arse with zero evidence to back it up.

* Why be a vassal state that takes rules but gives up the right to make them?
By Cyclist
Youngian wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:43 am
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:23 am Well yesterday, in error, I went through the EU Passport channel (French side) at the Tunnel. Not a word was said, passports nodded through. As Mrs A said, 'they can't be arsed with all that bollocks.'
Still no import inspections (postponed for the fourth time) as the UK can’t be arsed with all that bollocks. Rees-Mogg has also noticed no one can be arsed with Brexit apart from Bozo.
I think Rees-Mogg's main worry there is the risk to the position of Minister for Government Efficiency and Brexit Opportunities.
By Youngian
I think Rees-Mogg's main worry there is the risk to the position of Minister for Government Efficiency and Brexit Opportunities.

Someone has to monitor the milk.

It was inevitable someone in the Tory party was going to break on Brexit. Ellwood’s interest is defence and security which is not Brexit’s relative strong point.
By mattomac
Youngian wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:59 am If the Tories were audacious enough to elect Ellwood and march back to the centre right after a purge of the Johnson gang, Labour would be fucked. Rachel Reeves’ corner shop protectionist pronouncements will be taken to pieces as a Venezuelan Brexit instead of a rich Norwegian one the Tories are now offering.
The argument on that goes you battle what is in front of you, not some fantasy, Labour will be back in power before the fantasy you mention happens.

The Tories will need a period of opposition to focus, and the simple fact is the Conservatives Elwood is part of became irrelevant in the ERG takeover.

Could it return, perhaps but it would require a massive shift and a fair few years, the youth of the party effectively subscribes to this rubbish. They’ve been battling the EU for decades.
By Abernathy
Have you still got your maroon cover passports? Me and Mrs A do. We made sure we renewed them just before the black covered ones came in so we could at least stick a token finger up at the Brexit shite.
By Malcolm Armsteen
No, ours are new black ones, no EU imprint at all.
By Youngian
Boiler wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:55 pm Mine has run out and I have no intention of renewing it.
Will Remoaners be the main holidaymakers in Bognor and Blackpool because they can’t be arsed with the aggravation of going to the Med? While Brexiters are stuck at airports because they didn’t understand the stuff they wanted for foreigners are imposed on them.
By Bones McCoy
Youngian wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:30 am
Boiler wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:55 pm Mine has run out and I have no intention of renewing it.
Will Remoaners be the main holidaymakers in Bognor and Blackpool because they can’t be arsed with the aggravation of going to the Med? While Brexiters are stuck at airports because they didn’t understand the stuff they wanted for foreigners are imposed on them.
We Remoaners are the elite.
We all live in mahssive houses with private pools and solar reflectors.
Why bother travelling when there's so much privilege at home.
By mattomac
Apparently the latest is that Liz Truss will run on a Thatcher tax cutting tribute act and that want to get Patel to run to make her look less extreme.

The only real effect I see of any of that is that Labour might actually get a majority.

She wouldn’t want to win the election otherwise her plans would probably end up in civil unrest.

Not to mention the fact she is just a bit odd, I don’t want to see it because it could be an absolute disaster for two years but it might actually annihilate them.

Also she will face the issue May had in as she campaigned for Remain and she isn’t clever enough to tackle that.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]