:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
EDIT: tweet deleted for unknown reasons, presumably Jay Rayner was telling an apocryphal story of Oliver Dowden crowing about the moral upstanding character of the pork haystack based on some wine bottle labels the latter appt signed and sent out last year.
Last edited by Nigredo on Sat May 14, 2022 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IIRC this is the bottle of wine raffled/auctioned at Dowden's constituency club meeting, the label saying it was a nice souvenir of Partygate. Dowden has said that he had no idea, some local spod thought it was funny, not his kind of thing and so on.

Funny how they always act all shocked after the fact.
Andy McDandy wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 8:44 pm IIRC this is the bottle of wine raffled/auctioned at Dowden's constituency club meeting, the label saying it was a nice souvenir of Partygate. Dowden has said that he had no idea, some local spod thought it was funny, not his kind of thing and so on.

Funny how they always act all shocked after the fact.
By satnav
I think Johnson is a bit like Richard Littlejohn, they are both lazy bastards and they then take the view that the majority of the public have similar habits to them.

Johnson has got form for saying he doesn't like reading long documents so he gets advisers to summarise stuff down to a couple of sides of A4. Most of his former colleagues at the Telegraph claim that he was workshy and he seems to have got away with doing the bare minimum in most of his former ministerial jobs.
Half of what right-wingers (I generalise, but you know what I mean) say is thinly-veiled confession, half is guesswork based on poorly-judged prejudices.

Johnson will be well into his morning cheese by now, I’m sure. Just like Mogg is onto his third crème egg while barking an email to be typed into a dictaphone.
Youngian, Nigredo liked this
Half of what right-wingers (I generalise, but you know what I mean) say is thinly-veiled confession, half is guesswork based on poorly-judged prejudices.

What the rest of us call first thoughts. Which you then follow through to test whether your thoughts are bollocks as you’ll soon find out from someone who knows what they’re talking about. The problem with the generalised right winger is they don’t absorb counter arguments and just repeat their prejudices the next day.
I also suspect a lot of it is the unspoken extra clause. Johnson and Mogg want people back into work because it seems right to them - people doing lowly admin jobs shouldn’t have perks that they enjoy such as flexible working times and the like. The same argument that poor people shouldn’t have any pleasures in life, only taken up a few rungs. They want people back in the office to increase their own sense of specialness.
davidjay, Spoonman, Watchman and 1 others liked this
Stewart Lee once did a piece about working on his Oxford college's entertainments committee, doing all the work of booking bands etc, while the likes of Cameron and Johnson would pop their heads round the door once a month, nod at everyone, ask if everything was OK, and disappear whatever the answer.

And then get the credit for running the committee.
By Boiler
Northern Ireland: PM poised for protocol change ahead of crisis talks

Screenshot 2022-05-16 at 10-59-49 Northern Ireland PM poised for protocol change ahead of crisis talks.png
Screenshot 2022-05-16 at 10-59-49 Northern Ireland PM poised for protocol change ahead of crisis talks.png (14.78 KiB) Viewed 1793 times
Screenshot 2022-05-16 at 11-05-50 Northern Ireland PM poised for protocol change ahead of crisis talks.png
Screenshot 2022-05-16 at 11-05-50 Northern Ireland PM poised for protocol change ahead of crisis talks.png (15.35 KiB) Viewed 1789 times
Last edited by Boiler on Mon May 16, 2022 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Boiler
Andy McDandy wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:12 am Stewart Lee once did a piece about working on his Oxford college's entertainments committee, doing all the work of booking bands etc, while the likes of Cameron and Johnson would pop their heads round the door once a month, nod at everyone, ask if everything was OK, and disappear whatever the answer.

And then get the credit for running the committee.
Been there, done that (but not at university, obvs).

And it is f****g annoying, to put it mildly.
Crabcakes wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:02 am I also suspect a lot of it is the unspoken extra clause. Johnson and Mogg want people back into work because it seems right to them - people doing lowly admin jobs shouldn’t have perks that they enjoy such as flexible working times and the like. The same argument that poor people shouldn’t have any pleasures in life, only taken up a few rungs. They want people back in the office to increase their own sense of specialness.
The rich man in his castle. Rees Mogg is preaching the nineteenth century version of Christianity he practices.
As I've said before, as long as they know that things are working, how they work isn't an issue.

And if things aren't working, make someone's life hell until they are.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]