:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
AOB wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:04 am He wants the P & O boss to resign. We all do, but I'd have thought Boris would keep quiet on the subject of other people resigning for being little shits.
Is this going to lead to any change to legislation so this can't happen again? Compensation for the sacked? A revaluation of labour relations in this country? What about those on exploitable zero hours contracts?

All questions I expect to be met with a silent, gormless stare. There's been a token resignation and Johnson now considers the matter closed.
Watchman, Spoonman, AOB liked this
By Boiler
Oblomov wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:31 am Is this going to lead to any change to legislation so this can't happen again? Compensation for the sacked?
I imagine the sacked will get a generous payoff attached to whatever a "Compromise Agreement" is called these days.

I don't see "Fire and Rehire" being binned any time soon.
AOB wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:04 am He wants the P & O boss to resign. We all do, but I'd have thought Boris would keep quiet on the subject of other people resigning for being little shits.
On the contrary. I suspect his demands fit entirely with his worldview that he is the exceptional case. If everyone could get away with any old bullshit he wouldn’t be special anymore.
davidjay, Tubby Isaacs, Spoonman and 3 others liked this
Oblomov wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:31 am
Is this going to lead to any change to legislation so this can't happen again? Compensation for the sacked? A revaluation of labour relations in this country? What about those on exploitable zero hours contracts?
Tearing up of EU red tape, these are Brexit benefits to boast of come the next election.
Boiler wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:03 am I don't see "Fire and Rehire" being binned any time soon.
It won't be. It is baked in to their DNA.

When I was a lad, we called it cuntishness but it has been rebranded as "doing an MBA" - using whatever means you can think of to extract maximum profit from any given situation, regardless of the consequences.
According to the FT, Grunt Shapps is planning on bringing in some new legislation which might as well be called the P and Oh Shit Obvious Rule Patch act, saying that any ferry company operating out of British ports must pay minimum wage. Not that it'll do much good for the people of Dover.

This constant government by "yeah, yeah, we'll look at it tomorrow" is really grinding me down. Which I suspect is the point.
Oblomov wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:16 am https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60911798

At least 20 fines issued for lockdown parties, that the pork haystack was seemingly unaware of happening in his own place of residence.
And these are - as stated - the easy slam dunks. I suspect the others to come aren’t necessarily due to lack of evidence either - more likely multiple breaches and/or the person involved is high level.

But ultimately - Johnson can’t possibly get off given so many other people have already been fined. We’ve all seen the photos. We *know* he was there. It’s just a matter of time now.
Seems to be conspicuous by his absence at the moment, I guess he’s just happy that Sunak’s holding the shitty end of the stick
Crabcakes wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:45 am
Oblomov wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:16 am https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60911798

At least 20 fines issued for lockdown parties, that the pork haystack was seemingly unaware of happening in his own place of residence.
And these are - as stated - the easy slam dunks. I suspect the others to come aren’t necessarily due to lack of evidence either - more likely multiple breaches and/or the person involved is high level.

But ultimately - Johnson can’t possibly get off given so many other people have already been fined. We’ve all seen the photos. We *know* he was there. It’s just a matter of time now.
If only...

It's more likely that the sneering Talk Sport callers were right. Nobody cares.
Thing is, people do care. I know people who say they thought it was all a big fuss, but even they’ve then gone on to say they didn’t think it was right they had one rule for them and one rule for us. It cuts through because so many people did the right thing, and these arseholes not only did what they wanted, but did it repeatedly and obviously and recorded it.

If Johnson’s staff are censured and fined and some lose their jobs, and yet he doesn’t get fined when we have photographs of him at these events, that will go over incredibly badly.

And the fallout if Cummings gets fined but he doesn’t would be fascinating to watch…
He has a standard spiel that he trots out. Whatever the question, he just has to link it to vaccines, lockdown, building back, level up, getting on with the job. It's a bit like the taxi driver "ignorance" test where you have to know the fastest way from any point of conversation to "send 'em back, string 'em up, I'd do the job myself".
davidjay, Oboogie, mattomac liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]