:sunglasses: 50 % :pray: 6.3 % :laughing: 34.4 % :cry: 3.1 % :poo: 6.3 %
By Andy McDandy
Furness Young Labour are fuming, saying it's outrageous, anti-democratic, Starmer's the real fascist etc.

More sensible heads saying that anyone with even the slightest connection to the party voicing anything sounding even vaguely like support for Russia isn't so much an own goal as giving the Tories the ball and walking off the pitch.
Boiler, Malcolm Armsteen, Oboogie and 1 others liked this
By Boiler
Andy McDandy wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:16 pm More sensible heads saying that anyone with even the slightest connection to the party voicing anything sounding even vaguely like support for Russia isn't so much an own goal as giving the Tories the ball and walking off the pitch.
^^ This.

Abso-fucking-lutely this. Has anybody from the Tory Right spoken up in praise of Putin? Oh. I expect that'd be a 'no' then.
By Cyclist
Is this where, in another place, some twat got their "facts" about Ukraine being a "neo-Nazi state" and how it was NATO/US aggressive imperial expansionism that's at the bottom of Putin's attempt to "clean up the region"?

Thankfully they were comprehensively told where to go with that "bollocksy horseshite".

edit cos I hit submit instead of preview

Yes, this simpleton is indeed an outspoken Corbynite. :roll:
By Cyclist
I think I may have answered my own question. From the subreddit r/Greenandpleasant, a sub for hard-Left simpletons with a very simplistic view of the world. And they support St Jeremy.

There are the people who think they should be running the Labour Party, and through that, the country. Why are they allowed to waste my oxygen?
Attachments
RDT_20220225_1839303857777908747908374~2.jpg
RDT_20220225_1839303857777908747908374~2.jpg (97.01 KiB) Viewed 1474 times
By The Weeping Angel
https://labourlist.org/2022/03/exclusiv ... amophobia/
A new report by the Labour Muslim Network (LMN) found that 20% disagree and 48% strongly disagree with the statement “I trust the leadership of the Labour Party to tackle Islamophobia effectively”.

The research followed a November 2020 report by LMN, in which the same question was asked. The 20% who said they disagreed is a ten-point decrease on the earlier research, while the 48% who said they strongly disagreed represents a 23-point increase.

Asked how they thought the Labour leader had handled the issue since the last report, 4% said he had done “very well” and 7% “quite well”. 18% said the leader had done “quite badly”, while 46% said he had done “very badly”.
By Arrowhead
It's been fascinating to observe Gordon Brown's reputation continue to improve, fully twelve years since he left Downing Street. A good sign, perhaps, for Starmer as well if this indicates the public are starting (belatedly) to value competence and seriousness as noteworthy virtues for a Prime Minster once again.

Oh, and the less said about Cameron's numbers, the better :lol:

Youngian liked this
By Youngian
A good sign, perhaps, for Starmer as well if this indicates the public are starting (belatedly) to value competence and seriousness as noteworthy virtues for a Prime Minster once again.

Johnson’s serious best in this crisis, is noticeably unimpressive even to the non-politically engaged, hence little movement in his plummeted approval ratings. Did voters assume Bozo was going to be like Alan Alda in MASH? Prats around telling jokes but when the emergency alarm goes off he’s a life saver at the top of his game. I suppose he is but Johnson’s best is underwhelming.
Arrowhead, mattomac, Nigredo liked this
By The Weeping Angel
Thoughts on this?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ion-labour
In these circumstances, Labour ought to be doing very well indeed. And yes, Keir Starmer and his party are consistently ahead in opinion polls, while Labour’s leading figures seem to have found a new self-assurance, backed up by a few strong policies: a windfall tax on energy companies, and the £28bn the party says it would spend in government each year on a quasi-Green New Deal. But the party leadership does not feel insurgent or even particularly energised. Starmer never says anything surprising or even that interesting, but instead presents himself as a calm and unexciting alternative to Johnson’s incompetence and flamboyance. Given some of the people giving him advice, it’s not surprising there are echoes of New Labour. But while Blair, Brown et al were full of ambition and vim, it all smells of the party circa 2005, when its election slogan was “Britain forward not back”, and it tried to curry favour with what we would now call “red wall” voters with a bundle of half-ideas called “the respect agenda”.

What is Labour’s essential story about Britain? Since the new year, Starmer has been touting his so-called “contract with the British people” based around three abstract nouns: “security”, “prosperity” and “respect”. This supposedly defining idea tends to be fleshed out via single lines that cry out for more clarity (“if we work hard we should also have a right to job security”), or bland claims that few people would argue with (“Everyone should have the opportunity to thrive.”) Very occasionally, he manages a register that is a bit more emotional and inspiring, something he pulled off in January, when his response to Sue Gray’s initial report about rule-breaking in Downing Street included a moving line about the law-abiding majority who “saved the lives of people they will probably never meet” and “the deep public spirit and the love and respect for others that has always characterised this nation at its best”. But this tone is never really sustained or developed. Leading members of the shadow cabinet tend to sound cold and robotic; Starmer seems to have resolved to offer the Tories as small a target as possible.
By Abernathy
It’s a broadly reasonable analysis. I sometimes think I’d dearly love to see Keir grabbing the political agenda by the scruff of the neck.He needs to be much more in the public’s face if he is to be generally thought of as the alternative PM in waiting (which is essential).
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]