:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
Token gesture. They can point to her having resigned from something that's effectively finished as taking responsibility, and in doing so it shifts the blame off of Johnson.

I hope, however, they keep up the pressure. Because she seems to have resigned because of a gathering that apparently didn't happen but still needs investigating, possibly by someone who won't confirm or deny he was at it (if it existed, which it didn't). It all seems pre-emptive - as if they know more is coming so have their fall guy (girl) already pushed to point to and say "we've already taken action" in the hope no one remembers them saying there was nothing to take action about.

I suspect Schroedinger's party isn't done yet. Though what I'm really hoping for is a video of Johnson himself in attendance. Because do we really think he'd pass up an opportunity to bunk off work that was taking place *in his own house*?
For the BBC and the rightwing press Johnson's 'apology' and Stratton's resignation will draw a line under the matter, and we can all 'move on'.
Well, she was swiftly shifted into the COP26 role, after the fuckers had spent £2.6m on a new press conference room that they decided not to use after all. The realisation that using Stratton as a sort of British Kayleigh McEnany was a really bad idea must have come at around the same time. You’re right, she didn’t seem to do much before she was shunted off into another role. Looking at her performance in the leaked video, you can see why.
mattomac liked this
Yeah it probably brings up more questions on why did they spend all that money.

The fact that implementing the rest of Plan B to shift the news is quite amusing.

So not the increase of cases, deaths the concern of a new variant, no we can wait on the science for that but when I need a distraction yes yea implement it then.

Starmer stole his thunder on that.
What's the point of handing it to the Met? Cressida Dick's detection skills are such that she probably couldn't detect her own face in a mirror.

Plus she's in hock to the very people she's supposed to be investigating.
Boiler, Samanfur, mattomac and 1 others liked this
Here’s a rather good and comprehensive aide memoire of the record of our most dishonest PM ever.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/a ... uP?ocid=sf
kreuzberger wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:34 pm
Samanfur wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:09 pm Covid press conference at 6pm.
The one that Hoyle specifically requested he doesn't call?
That's the one. Johnson's sent Javid to the Commons to simultaneously brief MPs, so he's definitely testing the rules again.
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:07 pm Spectacularly shit performance by Johnson at PMQs. He did about 3 answers before he was on "playing politics", and accused Labour of confusing the public. He even said Labour wanted to decriminalize Class A drugs at once.
They’ve basically become the Republican Party.
Surely it was true that virtually everybody in the country thought, when Johnson claimed he was "furious" when he saw the leaked Allegra Stratton chuckle-video, thought : " Aye right - furious that you'd been found out, you lying cunt."
Watchman, Boiler, Oboogie liked this
We now have a Prime Minister of our country who is firmly, firmly established as a congenital, dissembling, venal, and unscrupulous liar. Literally everybody knows this - even fucking Ant & Dec. This reputation has been built over a number of years, to the point that it is today unshiftable (and all but unprecedented). He has dragooned his sycophantic cabinet into supporting his routine mendacity, and they've all fallen into line, all human and decent Tories having been ruthlessly purged by Johnson in favour of sycophancy, regardless of any deficiency of talent or intelligence (see Dorries, N, Raab, D, Truss, L.. Zahawi, N, and recently Williamson, Fuckpig)

What are we - and more pertinently, the 1922 committee - going to do about it ?
I applaud, and Mrs A applauds.
Abernathy liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]