:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
I think Starmer will be immaculate and dignified because he'll be showing his respect for those who gave their tomorrows. Corbyn was very much just going through the motions - he'd rather be laying wreaths at memorials to Arab terrorists. Johnson, well, he'll be there tomorrow (if he really can't get out of it) because he's the Prime Minister and is expected to be there. He really couldn't give a shit.
Oboogie, Nigredo liked this
Cyclist wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:46 pm I think Starmer will be immaculate and dignified because he'll be showing his respect for those who gave their tomorrows. Corbyn was very much just going through the motions - he'd rather be laying wreaths at memorials to Arab terrorists. Johnson, well, he'll be there tomorrow (if he really can't get out of it) because he's the Prime Minister and is expected to be there. He really couldn't give a shit.
Think that's harsh on Corbyn. Don't think you can accuse him of not being moved by war dead.
Arrowhead liked this
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:12 pm Could Labour actually attack on this stuff? Or would it be seen as too personal?

They can easily point out the hypocrisy, although it'll be too close to Corbyn, which they won't go for.
By satnav
Whilst their are clearly some opportunities to score points against Johnson on his inappropriate appearance at these sombre events the real focus should be on how the government treats veterans. Are they getting proper help with housing, health care and retraining when they leave the forces?

I saw one Tory MP today suggesting that training soldiers to become HGV drivers was part of some long term policy to help those soldiers preparing to leave the forces when actually it is a short-term fudge to cope with a serious crisis.
The All New KevS wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:55 pm Johnson can look how he wants tomorrow. The story is all going to be about the return of Brenda to the public eye, plus it will be the first Cenotaph service in decades without Phil.
Moreover, presuming that Princes Andrew and Harry won't be attending, it'll be the first time since WW2 that there hasn't been a Royal present who's a combat veteran of an actual shooting war - I'm not counting the Queen's few months in the ATS as she never left the UK and the war was pretty much over by the time she joined.
By Boiler
The All New KevS wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:55 pm Johnson can look how he wants tomorrow. The story is all going to be about the return of Brenda to the public eye, plus it will be the first Cenotaph service in decades without Phil.
Except its just been announced she's not attending "due to a back sprain".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-59280396

Princess Nut-Nuts will have to lend him one of her hair brushes rathan the balloon he seems to use.
satnav wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:45 pm Whilst their are clearly some opportunities to score points against Johnson on his inappropriate appearance at these sombre events the real focus should be on how the government treats veterans. Are they getting proper help with housing, health care and retraining when they leave the forces?

I saw one Tory MP today suggesting that training soldiers to become HGV drivers was part of some long term policy to help those soldiers preparing to leave the forces when actually it is a short-term fudge to cope with a serious crisis.
Great!

After 18years loyal service you can live out your working days sleeping in lay-bys and pissing in an empty juice bottle.
Ex military and HGV drivers both need a better deal.

Some of us have longer memories.
Because, much as the Tories would like it, today isn't "Fugeddaboudit Sunday".

A few years back when fuel delivery drivers were the enemies of the people.
They had the bloody cheek to request an annual wage similar to what Cox or Patterson "earn" for a part-time week's "work".

Meanwhile a frightening proportion of the Thin red line or 'eroes, are sleeping in cells or on the streets.
By Boiler
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:49 pm Tories to chop massive chunk out of the middle of HS2 Eastern Leg and spinning it as two new lines. And no Northern Powerhouse Rail.

And when the reason for those pre-Beeching, Beeching and post-Beeching closures once again becomes obvious? Cuts didn't just happen under Beeching, you know - most of the Midland and Great Northern Joint was closed in 1959.

Railways cost a bomb to reinstate as we've come a long way from wooden sleepers, jointed track and a manual signal box every couple of miles. Any "new" line should be built as electrified from the start, or at least have the piles sunk for the OHLE to be fitted with a minimum of disruption (Varsity Line 2.0, I'm looking at you). Never mind going for ERTMS, or the massive costs of rewriting software for adding these lines into the new ROCs.

Then let's factor in that a lot of people simply do not want to travel on what they see as "loser transport" with all the inconvenience of waiting for connections, changing modes of transport or even non-availability of public transport after certain times, but are utterly wedded to the personal door-to-door service their motor car offers. Their choice of environment, temperature and entertainment.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]