:sunglasses: 11.1 % :pray: 44.4 % :laughing: 22.2 % :cry: 22.2 %
By Killer Whale
davidjay wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 9:29 pm
Yug wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:42 am It would be interesting to go down the other leg of the trousers of time and see what the result of the 1983 election would have been if there hadn't been military action in the South Atlantic the year before. Or, if the Falklands war had taken place but with Argentina the winners.
From what I remember the polls were moving back towards the Tories in early 1982. Then you had the appalling Labour campaign. It might not have been as bad but the result would have been the same.
Yes, I remember discussing this in the late 80s in seminar groups where it was quite strict that you had to back up anything you said with evidence. The fact is that the economy in the south of England and to some extent the English midlands was starting to turn around by the time of the 1983 election. The Tories were only interested in bringing enough people with them to secure a majority, and really didn't care about anyone left behind, so to that extent they were doing fine.
By Tubby Isaacs
She's fucked up already, and in the process made Patel, Jenrick and Badenoch look like moderates.
Conservatives have suggested that the former home secretary Suella Braverman is losing support as a potential party leader, as some who lost votes across southern England privately urged colleagues to resist a lurch to the right.

A number of MPs now see Robert Jenrick, Priti Patel and Kemi Badenoch , all of whom have ruled out a deal with the hard-right Reform leader Nigel Farage, as more viable candidates.
Patel was behind the visa system now they say was mad liberalism. Going to be interesting to see how she pivots away from that.
By Abernathy
The announcement that the cruel and inhumane, and bonkers, Rwanda scheme was now toast, was not only deeply welcome, but one hopes it made the hamster-faced fascist shed salt tears. .
Last edited by Abernathy on Sun Jul 07, 2024 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Malcolm Armsteen
She looked pretty rough when doorstepped today.
By satnav
Any of the candidates who have serious ambitions about one day becoming prime minister would be well advised to give the current leadership contest a body swerve. Johnson ducked out in 2016 knowing that who ever became leader would be on a hiding to nothing. He let May do the donkey work and then swooped in when he knew that whatever deal he cooked up with the EU would be seen as a good thing compared with May's efforts.

I think Braverman just wants to be leader of the party even if it is just for a couple of years in opposition.
By Youngian
What’s best for Labour, Braverman opening the door to Farage or another leader starting a bun fight on the right?

Must have been 10 years ago seeing Suella Fernandes on QT and thinking even by Tory standards this is one of the biggest moron MP I’d ever seen. Now she’s a leadership contender.
Last edited by Youngian on Sun Jul 07, 2024 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Bones McCoy
satnav wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:09 pm Any of the candidates who have serious ambitions about one day becoming prime minister would be well advised to give the current leadership contest a body swerve. Johnson ducked out in 2016 knowing that who ever became leader would be on a hiding to nothing. He let May do the donkey work and then swooped in when he knew that whatever deal he cooked up with the EU would be seen as a good thing compared with May's efforts.

I think Braverman just wants to be leader of the party even if it is just for a couple of years in opposition.
My money's on Patel and maybe Braverman being wise enough to hold back.
Badenock and Jenrick - fools who'll rush in.

The first "successful" candidate will be subject to a weekly Starmer "woodchipper" of a PMQ humiliation.
By Crabcakes
Braverman will 100% go for it. She’s just the right blend of too stupid to realise she’s absolutely fucking abysmal, and too sociopathic to have any shame about being abysmal and having no morals.

She’ll step up, get steamrolled by Starmer every week for a few years, then get replaced because she has no hope of win election seats. And she will blame everyone but herself.

She’s Truss 2.0, only in this case 2.0 just means “again” rather than suggesting any sort of upgrade.
Dalem Lake liked this
By davidjay
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:59 pm "Nothing else matters".

What's her plan? Send the Royal Navy to France, same as Farage? Do we tell the French Navy that they have to let us in because we've left the EHCR?
Indeed, nothing else does matter. Homelessness, the NHS and every other service can get worse, just as long as the brown people are targeted.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Bones McCoy
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 5:50 pm Suella's lost Danny Kruger.

What's Jenrick ever done apart from save Richard Desmond a fortune and resign from his brief to stick it to Sunak?

Jenrick cancelled Disney.

As for Kruger's support "Eets jest bin reevoked".

(Which gets me wondering why Danny Glover's great send-off line is always performed in Afrikaaner)
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]