:laughing: 50 % :cry: 25 % :🤗 25 %
By Philip Marlow
Corbynite mouthpieces though…I know he means Owen Jones, because they always mean Owen Jones, but who else is there, to comprise a volume sufficient to write off the whole paper as a den of communist terror? Monbiot is liable to get a bit bolshy on environmental matters, Nesrine Malik is unsound on Gaza and immigration in general and Frances Ryan has the potential to manifest uppityness on benefits and disability matters, but I wouldn’t exactly call the whole paper unsupportive.
By Tubby Isaacs
I've noticed some news stories presented, in my view, unfairly to the Labour front bench. My all time favourite of these, and still shared very widely on Twitter, was from 2014 when Milliband-Reeves raised tax on bankers to pay for compulsory jobs for the long term unemployed. The Guardian's considered take was "Reeves- We'll be tougher than the Tories", which was a ludicrous reading. She said tougher than now in that you'd have to accept your compulsory job- clue's in the name- rather than being able to turn several (non-compulsory) ones down. No change was proposed to the rules around regular job seeking.

But I can't recall what stories I had in mind more recently. They weren't as bad as that, and I'm sure there are other stories that have been presented more fairly.
By Youngian
Philip Marlow wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 1:04 pm At the risk of inviting a ‘Same to you’, some people really do inhabit a wholly other reality.

Coincidentally, Guardian editorials in one of things Philip Marlow in the Singing Detective told himself to think about when Joanne Walley was greasing around his penis. Still as turgid and forgettable 35 years later. Guardian editorials that is, not Michael Gambon’s todger.
By The Weeping Angel
Barney Ronay on how Team GB is dividing Britain somehow

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/artic ... SApp_Other
Managing Victory while the world burns. The British Olympic Association has an impressively large selection of mottoes and taglines at its disposal. Even its main competition handle, “Team GB”, is basically a cool slogan, a mid-90s rebrand of UK plc’s Summer Sport division.

Beyond this we have a full roster, many already safely trademarked: Believe in Extraordinary. Pride the Lion. The Lion Awakens. Patriotic Lion Alternatives For A Brighter British Tomorrow. On closer inspection the last couple of these may in fact be taglines for the current spume of British nationalist movements which, in an unfortunate coincidence, tend to have the same kind of vibe, vocab and big cat imagery.

But it isn’t hard to see how some of these slogans could get a little mixed up in practice. For members of the British press at these Olympics, Managing Victory has been the key Team GB buzz phrase, the subject line of regular daily emails giving Team GB details of the latest Team GB results. Over the past week, however, those Managing Victory emails have tended to pop up sandwiched between quite a lot of other GB-related inbox content.

More Riots Planned As Three Jailed For Violent Disorder was one typical subject line beneath a Managing Victory note about yet more Team GB medal success on the bike track. Inside The Far Right As Riots Wreak Havoc Across UK made an interesting counterpoint to some breathless Managing Victory news about Team GB’s mixed triathlon gold medalists.

And by now the Managing Victory stuff has become just another small note in the sense of two entirely separate worlds in motion. On the one hand we have the Team GB-verse, an orderly, slick, functional place where healthy smiling people display British pluck and British unity, where the vibe is podium-waving, medal-chewing, national lottery-thanking, the full cloudless iconography of elite performance success.
As Sam Freedman points out this is just part here is flat out wrong

By Andy McDandy
Whore, hooker, prostitute - all carry a sense of choice on the part of the SW ("You whore yourself out", "I'm going hooking" etc).

Sex slave? Carries fetishistic undertones.

Forced sex worker is probably the best, and most accurate term.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]