:sunglasses: 15.8 % :laughing: 63.2 % :cry: 15.8 % :🤗 5.3 %
By mattomac
satnav wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:52 pm Chris Mason was suggesting on the evening news that Truss might class all the help given towards energy bills as public spending so that would help to balance out cuts made elsewhere in public spending. So the opposition needs to ask more specific questions on spending which would be more difficult to riddle out of.
Yeah the bloke on Sky said the same, it’s probably that 6 moves ahead, all think tank wankery, like today you’ve got Chris Philip banging on about us being the fastest growing economy, it’s obviously why if you look at the previous three years figures.

But if you are going treat data so shoddily, some are quite right to ask why did you take those actions two weeks ago to drive growth that you’ve told is for a fortnight is in the gutter.
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:12 pm She was lying about Labour having U-turned on the NI rises too. Her party did. Labour opposed before and supported repeal.

The upshot of today seems to be no spending cuts and no u-turn on tax cuts. I think something will have to give.
Johnson did similar. "They want to abolish UC!". Well, yes, in the "it doesn't work; let's have a system that does" sense, not the "ha ha fuckers, you're on your own" sense.
AOB, Tubby Isaacs, Oboogie liked this
By AOB
By my calculations, roughly 90,000 of the 160,000 Tory party members voted Truss in. If she is ousted in the next few weeks do that lot get to decide whose turn it is next? What a farce. All she did was spout a few Thatcherite-lite policies and hey presto. Out of the two candidates, they chose to ignore the one who was in a better position to deal with the specific pressing issue of the cost of living crisis. That's not to say I want Sunak as PM, I want no Tory PM, but out of the two of them he was the obvious choice.

It's about time a bill was put through that compelled a GE to be called if the incumbent party get rid of their leader. Otherwise, we are left at the mercy of 90,000 mostly retired, comfortably well off, Thatcher nostalgic, leafy-suburbia dwellers from the Home Counties.
Dalem Lake, Arrowhead liked this
I’m fine with swapping leader without a GE. I’m not fine with doing it multiple times without a GE. But to be honest, I think the Tories are well aware of that - they couldn’t put anyone new in after such a short tenure who would then have their own radically different take on things and have any legitimacy whatsoever.

And by the sound of things, many Tories may push for a GE as the way to get Truss out and clear out the diseased wood. They know they can’t win. They also know they can’t install Sunak/Morduant as a ‘dream team’ because Johnson’s massive ego wouldn’t allow it and the infighting would be off the scale. There’s no unity candidate emerging as everyone took sides and that hasn’t been forgotten. The best they can hope for now is a period in opposition letting Labour sort out their mess.
AOB, Oboogie, Arrowhead liked this
Well.

Surgical about to hold a presser in which she undoes Kamikwaze's budget. She will be doing it solo, KK will be kept away.

Implication is that he is toast.

But if he is, surely so is she?
But she was such an enthusiastic supporter of his libertarian lunacy that surely he will take her down with her?
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:38 am But she was such an enthusiastic supporter of his libertarian lunacy that surely he will take her down with her?
While true, unfortunately for Kwarteng she’s an even more enthusiastic supporter of Liz Truss playing at being PM for a little bit longer.

I hope she clings on...
Oboogie liked this
I sense that there is now emerging from the electorate, faced with this tragi-comic scenario, a near-consensus that there is an urgent need for a general election, if not immediately then very, very soon, in order to bring and end to the damaging farce of Truss’s Tory administration.

Strap yourselves in, comrades. It’s going to be a hell of a ride.
Now would be her best time to go, economically the next few years look choppy and Labour haven’t fully recruited, give Labour til next year and they won’t have selected people on the fly.

They are going have to answer the Islington election question soon, maybe offer Sam Tarry the seat.
Oboogie liked this
mattomac wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:56 pm

They are going have to answer the Islington election question soon, maybe offer Sam Tarry the seat.
Wouldn't that be delicious?
mattomac liked this
If I were her I'd be tempted to look beyond the polls and call an election now, before the cost of living shit really hits the fan, based on "We've listened, we've changed. It's either us or Labour, not knowing what a proper woman is/migrants in boats/grooming gangs/corrupt Durham police." People aren't struggling anywhere near as much now as they will be in six months time and those sort of irrelevancies might just win a few votes.
Youngian liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]