:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
Hmm. I think the orange hi-viz and a white hard hat today...
By Nigredo
The pork haystack is absolutely nettled by Starmer's cross-examination today, and no amount of thumping the despatch box/ deflecting to supposed failures of Blair/Brown or supposed victories of the vaccine rollout/hiding behind his braying goonies will cover that up.
By satnav
I really wish news programmes would be a lot clearer about how the social care problem arose. The usual narrative is that the crisis is entirely down to the fact that we have an aging population but in reality the situation was made a lot worse by policies introduced by the Tories in the 80s. In the early 80's local authorities provided a lot of affordable care for elderly people with the government paying up to £125 a week to help subsidise the care of old people who were on means tested benefits. The Tories under Thatcher were keen to reduce the role of local authorities to open up the care system to private providers. Whilst local authority provided were only getting a maximum of £125 a week old people on benefits living in private nursing homes got over £400 a week towards there care.

This policy saw a large increase in really big private care homes and a sharp decline in local authority care homes. With virtually no local authority homes to provide competition prices in private care homes has continued to rise leading to the situation that we are in today. So the Tories are yet again trying to claim the credit for a problem they actually created.
Boiler wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:01 pm Nah, you watch how the Express and Twitter paints it.
The Mail line seems to be that it will all be spent on NHS managers and penpushers; so that’s who you should direct your anger at, not the Liar-in-Chief and his syncopates
By Nigredo
satnav wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:21 pm I really wish news programmes would be a lot clearer about how the social care problem arose. The usual narrative is that the crisis is entirely down to the fact that we have an aging population but in reality the situation was made a lot worse by policies introduced by the Tories in the 80s. In the early 80's local authorities provided a lot of affordable care for elderly people with the government paying up to £125 a week to help subsidise the care of old people who were on means tested benefits. The Tories under Thatcher were keen to reduce the role of local authorities to open up the care system to private providers. Whilst local authority provided were only getting a maximum of £125 a week old people on benefits living in private nursing homes got over £400 a week towards there care.

This policy saw a large increase in really big private care homes and a sharp decline in local authority care homes. With virtually no local authority homes to provide competition prices in private care homes has continued to rise leading to the situation that we are in today. So the Tories are yet again trying to claim the credit for a problem they actually created.
Channel 4 News infuriated me with this last night, giving little time establishing the context of why this is needed and being more interested in pinning Johnathan Ashworth on "WELL YOU DON'T HAVE AN ALTERNATIVE PLAN SO HOW DARE YOU CRITICISE?".

In fairness to them, they've been going in hard on the Tories for the last 18 months so I can't accuse them of Kuennsbergian bias. But this type of "gotcha" journalism was best left amongst the detritus cleared out of Paxman's office when he retired.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]