:laughing: 100 %
By Watchman
Andy McDandy wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2024 6:35 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2024 1:19 pm Rights at work are "French", apparently. Because that sounds better than German, Scandinavian, or whatever.
Catholic. Mediterranean. Swarthy. Greasy. Degenerate. No work ethic, and they probably shit in the street.
Thank Christ we voted out then!!!!! I love these Brexit benefits
By Tubby Isaacs
Budget could include rise in employers’ national insurance, minister suggests
Jonathan Reynolds says Labour pledge not to increase NICs applies to employees and does not rule out other changes
This would be rather sharp practice. But fuck it, they hid billions of spending from the Government. I think a tax rise on this to cover the cost of that would be perfectly reasonable.

I notice BlueSky has an increasing number of bores on it. A couple were doing the "Labour carrying on with Tory policies". When someone asked which policies, one said "austerity, transphobia and bashing immigrants".

"Austerity" is a word that bugs me. It properly, as I understand it, means fiscal tightening, ie tax rises and/or cuts. I assume that this person wanted tax rises (doubtless all on somebody else). That's austerity. If half of what we've heard about the budget is true, that's going to be pretty different to what was promised by Sunak for after the election.
By Abernathy
I don’t think increasing employers’ NI contributions is “sharp practice” at all. The pledge was explicitly about not increasing income tax, NICs, or VAT on working people, which increasing employers’ NI contributions clearly does not breach. Arguably, almost everybody with a modicum of sense would have realised, even before the £22 bn “black hole” was discovered, that revenue would need to be recouped by some other means than increasing any of the three key tax pledge areas. Pearls-clutching isn’t really in order.
Oboogie liked this
By Andy McDandy
After years of study, I've worked out that what the Trots want is:

No nukes
Community centres
Free never ending higher education for people like them
Cheap public transport

Basically as self centred as any Bullingdon or Golf club twat.
By Tubby Isaacs
Abernathy wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2024 5:27 pm I don’t think increasing employers’ NI contributions is “sharp practice” at all. The pledge was explicitly about not increasing income tax, NICs, or VAT on working people, which increasing employers’ NI contributions clearly does not breach. Arguably, almost everybody with a modicum of sense would have realised, even before the £22 bn “black hole” was discovered, that revenue would need to be recouped by some other means than increasing any of the three key tax pledge areas. Pearls-clutching isn’t really in order.
I'm not pearl clutching! I said "do it if you need, they stitched you up with a load of hidden spending". And I think the big political danger is stuff not getting better, not breaking a silly pledge you were forced into by silly politics.

But the rise in employers NI will come out of wage packets. That won't be what most people understood.
By The Weeping Angel
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2024 5:02 pm
Budget could include rise in employers’ national insurance, minister suggests
Jonathan Reynolds says Labour pledge not to increase NICs applies to employees and does not rule out other changes
This would be rather sharp practice. But fuck it, they hid billions of spending from the Government. I think a tax rise on this to cover the cost of that would be perfectly reasonable.

I notice BlueSky has an increasing number of bores on it. A couple were doing the "Labour carrying on with Tory policies". When someone asked which policies, one said "austerity, transphobia and bashing immigrants".

"Austerity" is a word that bugs me. It properly, as I understand it, means fiscal tightening, ie tax rises and/or cuts. I assume that this person wanted tax rises (doubtless all on somebody else). That's austerity. If half of what we've heard about the budget is true, that's going to be pretty different to what was promised by Sunak for after the election.
Austerity has become the new neo-liberalism just a word devoid of all meaning used to mean thing I don't agree with by people.
Oboogie liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
Oboogie wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2024 5:26 pm As far as I'm aware, austerity just means cutting overall public spending. Reducing spending on one particular area is not austerity if you're taking that money and spending on something else.
That’s what we used to call spending cuts, and probably still should.

Austerity I understand as reducing demand and can be 100% done by tax rises. This as far as I can tell is what lots of people moaning about austerity want to happen.
By Oboogie
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2024 7:53 pm
Oboogie wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2024 5:26 pm As far as I'm aware, austerity just means cutting overall public spending. Reducing spending on one particular area is not austerity if you're taking that money and spending on something else.
That’s what we used to call spending cuts, and probably still should.

Austerity I understand as reducing demand and can be 100% done by tax rises. This as far as I can tell is what lots of people moaning about austerity want to happen.
Spending cuts are when you, erm, cut spending, if you haven't reduced spending, merely redistributed that money, by definition it's not a spending cut.
The objective is for revenue (from taxation) to exceed costs (spending), therefore, if your tax rises are matched by spending increases it's not austerity.
By Youngian
You can only conclude from Murphy's analogy that he believes you can eat chips all day and not put on weight if you take this drug.
I attempted to put on some winter trousers and bloomin eck I've piled it on this year. A slight rise in drinking, apple crumble, the butcher's yummy pies but nothing out of the ordinary. It creeps on week after week even with physical activity and a mainly healthy diet.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]