:pray: 50 % :laughing: 50 %
By satnav
Jenrick has made a stupid statement about how all Tory MPs would be forced to back Britain's withdrawal for the European Convention on Human Rights if he becomes the party leader. This certainly wasn't the case when the referendum on Brexit was called. I'm sure that thee are still a number of Tory MPs oppose withdrawing from the European Convention on Human rights.

If Jenrick is elected and makes a big thing about the ECHR he could well find himself facing a leadership challenge within 12 months. Only 30% of Tory MPs have to send in letters to the 1922 committee to trigger a contest which is about 36 MPs.
By kreuzberger
satnav wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 8:55 pm Jenrick has made a stupid statement about how all Tory MPs would be forced to back Britain's withdrawal for the European Convention on Human Rights if he becomes the party leader.
What's he going to do, withdraw the whip and ease the LibDems in to opposition? True, it's a fucking mental plan but the party members will doubtless lap it up.
By Youngian
What a shit show. How many MPs are in this group?
The Tory Reform Group, which represents One Nation Conservatives (people on the left of the party) has issued a statement saying it is refusing to back either of the two candidates left in the leadership contest – Robert Jenrick and Kemi Badenoch. https://www.theguardian.com/politics/li ... ccxZAu0Yjg
Me neither. Perhaps they’re locksmiths who vote Tory.
Key People https://www.trg.org.uk/about-us/
By Andy McDandy
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 9:00 pm Think lots of this depends on whether Trump wins. If he does, then he's not going to give a fuck about the Good Friday Agreement.
Just like much of their 2019 plans depended on him winning in 2020. No contingency, just hope for the best (as they saw it).
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
The Grenfell guy?

It's quite the effort by the media to make out that Lord Alli is worse than the racist guy or the Grenfell guy or Jenrick's untraceable donor.

Actually, what's the worse about Alli? What's the nearest anyone's found to a specific favour or policy change? Given that he's donated for a long time (though not to Corbyn) seems like he's a regular "third way" sort.
By Tubby Isaacs
https://bsky.app/profile/bestforbritain ... a635lxbu2p

Absolutely astonishing. Why should Ireland sign up to any of this?
Best for Britain
‪@bestforbritain.bsky.social‬
Robert Jenrick reckons he can substitute bits of the Good Friday Agreements - an international multilateral peace treaty - for other bits none of the other parties signed off, because - WAIT FOR IT - "we are the country of habeas corpus and Magna Carta".
Oboogie liked this
By Killer Whale
If he thinks that Ireland is selectively going to accept that 'we' (England only, but we'll leave that for the moment) are the country of Magna Carta and not also the country of Humphrey Gilbert and the New Model Army and the Black and Tans and the Parachute Regiment...
Tubby Isaacs, Watchman liked this
By Andy McDandy
I'm reminded of the end of Ocean's Thirteen, when Al Pacino's villain threatens to bring the toughest gangsters in America down on Clooney and co. His reply: "Yes, and we know them just as well as you, and they like us."
By Malcolm Armsteen
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 12:12 pm https://bsky.app/profile/bestforbritain ... a635lxbu2p

Absolutely astonishing. Why should Ireland sign up to any of this?
Best for Britain
‪@bestforbritain.bsky.social‬
Robert Jenrick reckons he can substitute bits of the Good Friday Agreements - an international multilateral peace treaty - for other bits none of the other parties signed off, because - WAIT FOR IT - "we are the country of habeas corpus and Magna Carta".
I would love to see Pugsley giving us a brief resumé of those two things...
By Tubby Isaacs
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 2:25 pm
I would love to see Pugsley giving us a brief resumé of those two things...
He knows he's talking rubbish. Law degree, LLB and worked at a City solicitor.

A good cheap story for some journo would be to ring up people who taught/managed a politician talking this sort of rubbish. Then again if anybody did that, it would probably be "balanced" with Steven Barrett, lawyer regular on GB News and the Spectator.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]