:pray: 50 % :laughing: 50 %
By Youngian
Abernathy wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 12:40 pm It strikes me that if Jimmy Dimly wins the leadership, he'll be the first beardy Tory leader in many years.

Electing a beardy chap as your leader doesn't end well. Labour has been there and got the T-shirt.
Hadn't noticed much, his beard rather suits him and he's not a narky lefty know it all like Robin Cook or Keith from Nuts in May.
By Tubby Isaacs
Robert Jenrick has come out hard against... the Northern Ireland protocol, which he says is "temporary". It's temporary until it isn't, and nobody is going to agree to the sort of changes he wants.

I think it's underrated the extent to which the Tories could lose seats next time to even more efficient tactical voting. Majority of fewer than 2,000 in 32 seats. Unlikely that they'd lose net seats, of course.
By Youngian
I think it's underrated the extent to which the Tories could lose seats next time to even more efficient tactical voting. Majority of fewer than 2,000 in 32 seats. Unlikely that they'd lose net seats, of course.
Possibly but there's so many variables in today's violatile electoral arithmetic only a total moron would be predicting outcomes of GE2029. Which coincidentally Reform are based on a council ward by-election win in Blackpool last week. It's going to be a landslide for Reform.
By Arrowhead
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 9:14 pm I think it's underrated the extent to which the Tories could lose seats next time to even more efficient tactical voting. Majority of fewer than 2,000 in 32 seats. Unlikely that they'd lose net seats, of course.
It's amazing to think how close the Tories came to an even more calamitous result back in July. In about a third of their remaining 121 seats, the Green Party vote exceeded that of the eventual Tory majority.
By Abernathy
Arrowhead wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2024 9:25 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 9:14 pm I think it's underrated the extent to which the Tories could lose seats next time to even more efficient tactical voting. Majority of fewer than 2,000 in 32 seats. Unlikely that they'd lose net seats, of course.
It's amazing to think how close the Tories came to an even more calamitous result back in July. In about a third of their remaining 121 seats, the Green Party vote exceeded that of the eventual Tory majority.
Well yes, I'll admit that I was harbouring a vague hope of a total Tory annihilation in July. It didn't quite happen, but it nearly did. :-D
Arrowhead liked this
By davidjay
Abernathy wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2024 10:36 pm
Arrowhead wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2024 9:25 pm
Well yes, I'll admit that I was harbouring a vague hope of a total Tory annihilation in July. It didn't quite happen, but it nearly did. :-D
Trouble is, in five years time the Greens and friends will be even less inclined to back Labour.
By Tubby Isaacs
davidjay wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 12:43 am

Trouble is, in five years time the Greens and friends will be even less inclined to back Labour.
I'm not sure that's true. I think lots would show up in seats where Reform were challenging.

The Tories may have an anti-net zero policy too.
Oboogie liked this
By davidjay
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 7:50 pm Reform are clear second to Labour in lots of seats now. Presumably they add Tory votes to that. If they look like getting close to Labour, I think Greens and Lib Dems might show up for Labour.
I wonder how many of the Cult will be left by then. I wouldn't be surprised if they voted Reform to spite the nasty Starmer.
By Crabcakes
Tugboat Tom is out. That leaves Cleverley, Badenoch and Jenrick. Most of his votes will go to Cleverley. If Badenoch can scrape past Jenrick to 2nd place and get to a membership vote, she’ll win and doom the Tories. If she doesn’t, Cleverley will win and put in a mediocre performance.

Either way, I see no threats here for Labour.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Jenrictus has gone from 33 to 31.

Tommy Tug on 20. Bad Enoch on 29, Jimmy Dim on 39.
By Arrowhead
It's quite revealing looking at how each of the remaining candidates performed at the last election. None of these numbers scream "strong personal vote" to me:

James Cleverly (Braintree) = 35.5% vote share, majority 3,670 (7.5%)
Kemi Badenoch (NW Essex) = 35.6% vote share, majority 2,610 (4.8%)
Robert Jenrick (Newbury) = 39.2% vote share, majority 3,572 (6.7%)

Tactical voting makes each of them vulnerable next time, especially in the case of Badenoch where the combined LAB/LD/GRN vote is just over 47%
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]