:pray: 50 % :laughing: 50 %
By Abernathy
Been watching the speeches. I think I missed Tugendhat’s but I caught Jenrick’s, and now Badenoch’s .

All the same levers being pulled : crackdown on “mass” immigration, abandon human rights by leaving the ECHR, deregulate everything from planning to health and safety. Fuck “identity politics”. Small state, small government.

It’s appalling. But like a crash on the M6, hard not to slow down and rubberneck a little.
By Abernathy
Another thing I learned from Wikipedia : In 2018, Kemi Badenoch admitted to hacking Harriet Harman’s website. Harman apparently accepted an apology from Badenoch, but it was reported to to Action Fraud, the UK's cyber crime reporting centre.

I’d like to hear more about this.
By Tubby Isaacs
I'm astonished to hear that Badenoch is running her campaign from the home of a rich man. The only people not astonished are Badenoch's party and the media who've been going to town on Starmer and Lord Alli.

I know state-funding of politicians' expenses isn't a popular cause, but the Leader of the Opposition does get a salary from the taxpayer in recognition of their importance. Would it be so outrageous if the taxpayer funded at least some of this expenditure for the candidates?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... uru-s-home
By Tubby Isaacs
Abernathy wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 3:41 pm Another thing I learned from Wikipedia : In 2018, Kemi Badenoch admitted to hacking Harriet Harman’s website. Harman apparently accepted an apology from Badenoch, but it was reported to to Action Fraud, the UK's cyber crime reporting centre.

No wonder Kemi didn't want to answer that Theresa May style question on naughty things she'd done. You're not supposed to cough to criminal offences like that.

I think the hacking was a long time in the past and the Police didn't bother with it.
By Tubby Isaacs
https://bsky.app/profile/josiahjourno.b ... k5dubwda2w

You know who I don't want in charge of this? Kemi Badenoch and (as it will be) Policy Exchange.
Josiah Mortimer
‪@josiahjourno.bsky.social‬
In Kemi Badenoch's speech today, she pledged a "comprehensive plan" to reconstitute the British state

"A new blueprint for the great machine of our country, that goes far beyond the relationship with the EU or the ECHR, a plan that considers every aspect of what the state does, and why it does it"
By MisterMuncher
You can't expect her to still be suffering consequences over indiscretions she committed as a mere slip of a girl of 38
By satnav
Badenoch's supporters like to go on about how good she is at attacking the left but is that really what the party needs? The Tories were very good at attacking Labour in the recent General election but it didn't win them a single seat from Labour. The Tories got hammered at the election because they lost so many votes to the Reform Party.

If Labour are able to start turn the economy around before 2029 then attacking the left is not going to play well in the next general election and if Labour don't start turning things around by 2029 there really won't be any need to attack the left.
By Samanfur
Abernathy wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 3:41 pm Another thing I learned from Wikipedia : In 2018, Kemi Badenoch admitted to hacking Harriet Harman’s website. Harman apparently accepted an apology from Badenoch, but it was reported to to Action Fraud, the UK's cyber crime reporting centre.

I remember the coverage. It was genuinely written off as the youthful hijinks Badenoch claimed it was.

Badenoch was 28 at the time.
By Abernathy
mattomac wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 12:03 am Is it tomorrow we find out who the final two are.

Or they going spend another week of this?
The parliamentary party will narrow down to four candidates, who will make their case to Conservative Party members at the Conservative Party Conference.

The parliamentary party will then whittle it down to the final two candidates, who will then be subject to a vote by Conservative Party members

Bob Blackman MP will act as returning officer for the election.

Once the parliamentary process is completed, CCHQ will assume responsibility for the administration of the vote of the Conservative Party membership.

The ballot of Party members will be conducted via secure online voting. The ballot will close at 1700hrs on Thursday 31st October – the result will be announced on Saturday 2nd November.
So it's going on for another fecking month. Lord only knows why it's being dragged out so long.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]