:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
Cameron offered a “top five” Cabinet job to Johnson if he backed Remain — then threatened to “f*** you up for ever” if Johnson chose the opposite path.

Go on fuckface, get on with it. As neither are no longer near power what can we suggest for Lord Dave to carry out this vendetta, hit and run, shag Carrie, fake bank accounts statements with Kremlin payments?
Crabcakes wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 4:03 pm Bone cancer, apparently. Fits with the decline seen in Liz’s mobility.
That's nasty.
This really gets on my wick. Not just the "accidental" leaking of her notes, but the whole "comical ineptitude" excuse/defence.

We saw it when they wheeled Gove out to defend Dominic Cummings' jaunt up to Durham. "Well, I'm not sure why you're asking me, worst driver ever here! Don't know a thing about eye tests or road safety! Complete dunderhead about anything technical, me!". Or minister after minister at the Covid enquiry - "Yes, don't know how I did it, deleted all my messages, can't seem to retrieve them, aren't these buttons fiddly?". You half expect them to be found standing over a dead body with a bloody knife: "Oh, what am I like? Forgot to get rid of the corpse, then left the old fingerprints all over the weapon! Forget my own head next!".

I get why. Lots of people aren't exactly technically adept. If they know how to work something, it doesn't mean they know how it works. Technology moves at a pace and it's easy to get left behind. But at the same time, they're telling us that they're the best people to make the big decisions, and it's not their fault they didn't pay attention in science at school, and their type of school doesn't do design & technology, thank you very much.

It's just such a shit defence. An appeal to communal stupidity, delivered with a knowing nod and wink. Fucking cunts.
The amount of communications LK is involved with…..it’s her fucking job, for which she is paid a salary most of us can only dream about
Watchman wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 9:13 am The amount of communications LK is involved with…..it’s her fucking job, for which she is paid a salary most of us can only dream about
Yup. £300k and you fuck up like that...

If she did. It is a very convenient way of getting out of what could be a rather telling interview for good ol' Boris. I wonder if the Rigby interview will also be pulled. Or just a fluffing.
Of course we also know Johnson loves throwing people under a bus to save himself. So I wouldn’t even be surprised if he got the q’s as planned, decided it wasn’t soft enough for him and/or it could hurt his book sales, and bailed on the interview telling Laura to take the blame or it’d accidentally leak that he’d been sent the q’s in advance.

Could be interesting to see if her attitude to him changes at all. If it does, that could speak a lot to what really happened.
ITV have taken it up.
Still a bit confused as to why Kuenssberg mistakenly emailing her interview plan to Johnson in advance meant that she had to forget the whole thing.

Couldn’t they just have gone ahead ? I can’t imagine LK was going to try and catch Johnson out.
HIGNFY is back this week. If it had been a soft soap job, Hislop and Merton would be tearing it apart.

LK's credibility is blown, and quite publicly. This goes beyond politics junkies and into the mainstream. Already there are plenty of people, from Alistair Campbell to James O'Brien, offering with various degrees of sarcasm, to step up.

With that in mind, I imagine a few people said "What were we thinking?", and were happy to junk it.
By satnav
It would be interesting to know who thought that it would be a good idea to give Johnson airtime to flog his piss poor book. He is no longer an MP and he doesn't appear to have any plans to return to front line politics any time soon. At best he warranted 10 minutes on Laura's Sunday show but anything beyond that would be hard to justify.

All the reviews I have seen of the book so far have included the word 'delusional'. He is still in full denial over partygate, he paints himself as the victim in the Nazain Zaghari-Ratcliffe case and claims that he was booted out because many MPs thought that he would be in power for at least another 7 years and feared that they would never get a ministerial post. The latter claim is ridiculous given how many many reshuffles he held during his 3 year tenure.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]