:pray: 50 % :laughing: 50 %
By mattomac
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 3:20 pm
Matthew Holehouse
‪@matthewholehouse.bsky.social‬
Interesting: Tom Tugendhat says he would repeal the "vindictive and nasty" extension of VAT to private school; but does not commit to restoration of the Winter Fuel Payment.
Probably the wrong way round in terms of public opinion, but I'm interested to learn that getting rid of the WFA isn't really that bad at all.
Considering the consirable weight behind that campaign (The postmasters would have loved a yearly mention let alone the daily one the Mail and Telegraph give it) it demonstrates how far removed from reality they are.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
Philip Marlow wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 5:45 pm I’m getting mixed signals
Do any of those people have kids? How many of them are care workers? As with "too many at university", they mean other people's kids.

And anyway, I thought the Conservative position ought to be "it's entirely up to you how many kids you have, nothing to do with us"?
By Watchman
So, the kids have been exposed to liberal and progressive values over time and have absorbed them? Right, makes sense. Then he believes that "Victorian values" will chime with da kidz if conveyed with authority?
At which point K Birbalsingh had an orgasm and demanded the return of corporal punishment
By Tubby Isaacs
Matthew Holehouse
‪@matthewholehouse.bsky.social‬
Interesting. Badenoch: “I’ve never opposed any planning for any home. Every building that goes up, I think, that’s someone’s home. We shouldn’t be the party of opposing homes.”
Er... From her Facebook 6 January 2021.
Chelmsford can continue with its implementation of its adopted local plan. However, many constituents will be waiting patiently for the R4U led administration at Uttlesford District Council to come up with their promised new local plan.
I will continue to work to ensure that the rural identity of our constituency remains and the infrastructure is in place to support additional housing it will absorb.
Rural identity, not at all code for not building houses.
By Tubby Isaacs
Stephen Bush
‪@stephenkb.bsky.social‬
Kemi Badenoch seeking to explain her maternity pay policy gaffe, says that government is "overburdening" businesses, cites minimum wage and maternity pay.
it's stardust all the way with Kemi.

The minimum wage in the UK is higher than most places, but does it really hit employment? The person who set the UK on this path was notorious leftist George Osborne, and it's been maintained by Philip Hammond, Rishi Sunak and Jeremy Hunt.
By satnav
When challenged on her maternity pay comments she hit back by saying 'as a mother of 3 children I understand about maternity pay'. This claim is utterly nonsense given that she is married to a rich banker and many of the jobs she has had since 2012 have included consultancy work and digital editor of 'The Spectator'. These sound like jobs that could be fitted around child care so I would be surprised if she actually claimed maternity pay.
By Yug
satnav wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 7:34 pm When challenged on her maternity pay comments she hit back by saying 'as a mother of 3 children I understand about maternity pay'. This claim is utterly nonsense given that she is married to a rich banker and many of the jobs she has had since 2012 have included consultancy work and digital editor of 'The Spectator'. These sound like jobs that could be fitted around child care so I would be surprised if she actually claimed maternity pay.
Of course she claimed it. She's entitled to, and nobody knows more about entitlement than the fucking Tories do.
By Bones McCoy
Yug wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 7:46 pm
satnav wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 7:34 pm When challenged on her maternity pay comments she hit back by saying 'as a mother of 3 children I understand about maternity pay'. This claim is utterly nonsense given that she is married to a rich banker and many of the jobs she has had since 2012 have included consultancy work and digital editor of 'The Spectator'. These sound like jobs that could be fitted around child care so I would be surprised if she actually claimed maternity pay.
Of course she claimed it. She's entitled to, and nobody knows more about entitlement than the fucking Tories do.
Oh Good yeah.
One thing I learned about the better off from coffee breaks at work.
Usually a colleague partnered to somebody considerably wealthier.

They utterly resent any leg-up for the lower orders.
"But I'll have to pay my nanny more".
"Have you seen the price of landscape gardeners, even without VAT".

But they also know every nickel and dime they're entitled to.
"We went private to get Emily's autism statement, but it's worth if because we now get four days fully funded respite care every month".
"We're entitled to this, you ought to see how we struggle".
By Malcolm Armsteen
Watchman wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 5:58 pm
So, the kids have been exposed to liberal and progressive values over time and have absorbed them? Right, makes sense. Then he believes that "Victorian values" will chime with da kidz if conveyed with authority?
At which point K Birbalsingh had an orgasm and demanded the return of corporal punishment
I think I can guarantee that Burble has never had an orgasm.
By Crabcakes
Yug wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 7:46 pm
Turns out she didn’t, because she didn’t take maternity leave *at all*. She just up and quit her Spectator job because she could afford to and didn’t want to leave brillo with having to keep her job open for her.

Amazing the sacrifices you can make when you’re stinking rich and will walk into another job when you decide you want one.
By Abernathy
Ye gods.

Jenrick is just awful.

Badenoch is loathsome and appalling.

Tugendhat is shallow and transparently willing to pander to the swivel-eyed tendency by advocating withdrawal from the ECHR.

Looks like Jimmy Dimly, then, as the least awful of the four shits still standing.
Arrowhead liked this
By Abernathy
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 9:11 pm
I think I can guarantee that Burble has never had an orgasm.
I think you you should clarify that you do not speak from personal experience of having tried to get her one. :?
Last edited by Abernathy on Tue Oct 01, 2024 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Andy McDandy
Jenrick looks like an estate agent up in court for murdering prostitutes. Badenoch looks as if she spent her school days flushing other girls' heads down the loo and then screaming about victimisation if anyone tried to stop her. Tugendhat looks like he's on both ends of something awful in the potting shed. Yes, the dead-eyed soulless careerist may be their best bet.
Arrowhead liked this
By Youngian
Honest Bob's on a roll, today. Has he put in the hard yards as to how we restructure the economy to mechanise jobs currently carried out by law breaking foreigners?
Attachments
Screenshot_20241001_142040_Chrome~2.jpg
Screenshot_20241001_142040_Chrome~2.jpg (241.01 KiB) Viewed 620 times
Last edited by Youngian on Tue Oct 01, 2024 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Crabcakes
This would be the crime rate data that, until a few months ago, the government he was part of had direct access to. So is he claiming a crime wave began the moment Labour were elected, or that it was hidden from him in government and Labour decided to carry on keeping it a secret rather than using exposure of Tory lying as further evidence of the corruption of the previous regime?

(Trick question, obv. - the real answer is it’s just all bollocks)
Watchman liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]