:pray: 50 % :laughing: 50 %
By Tubby Isaacs
Badenoch playing the old "the system's rigged", which is a very daft thing to say. The system gives MPs the responsibility of choosing the two candidates they want put to the members. They're entitled to vote tactically to keep her off if they want. You might as well claim the election was rigged by Labour supporters voting Lib Dem in Didcot.
By Abernathy
I think she might be onto something when she tries to consign Johnson, Truss, and even Sunak to an ignominious past, and instead seeks to re-invent the Tories as the Badenoch Party. However, she completely lacks any sort of ideological foundation for such a party.
Last edited by Abernathy on Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Tubby Isaacs
This sounds courageous. And Jenrick apparently mostly in agreement.
Stephenbc
‪@stephenbc.bsky.social‬
Badenoch on Times Radio now saying she thinks maternity pay is bad and she wants to get rid of it. That will go down like a lump of lead. Also she's equally tetchy in this interview as earlier. Bit of a disaster today for her.
By Tubby Isaacs
Again, what is the policy here? Is there one? I thought the non-white Brexiters were big on "end this system that discriminates against my cousins"? And anyway, I don't think "you come here and work your arse off in a job that's not well paid" is a particularly low bar.

There's also some evidence that lots of people do think exactly what she derides.

Last edited by Tubby Isaacs on Sun Sep 29, 2024 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By satnav
I think Badenoch is assuming that she is going to make it through to the last two so she is pitching herself to grassroot members. There has always been the assumption that the bulk of Tory grassroot members are elderly middle aged women, whether or not this is actually the case or not Kemi is pitching herself at that particular demographic.

After the candidates make their pitch to conference I reckon many of Tugendhat's supporters might jump ship before the next round of voting to back somebody who has a realistic chance of winning. If Stride's supporters and Tugendhat's supporters move over to Cleverly it could well leave Badenoch back in third place with little chance of picking up the 40+ votes she needs to make it to the final two.
By Tubby Isaacs
This always ends well for political parties.
Tory chair Richard Fuller says review of election should lead to members getting more say over policies and candidates
Richard Fuller, the Conservative chair, told the conference in his speech that he has ordered a review of what happened at the election that will be more comprehensive than previous ones. He said it would give party members more say over policy making and candidate selection
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]