:pray: 50 % :laughing: 50 %
By Malcolm Armsteen
In the sixties I worked summers in a mental hospital laundry...

By hecky wotsit I could tell some stories...
By lambswool
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:In the sixties I worked summers in a mental hospital laundry...

By hecky wotsit I could tell some stories...
That’s reminded me of something an inmate said to my friend, a nurse in a psychiatric hospital:-

“You should have been here yesterday, Nurse. It was like a madhouse.”
By Bones McCoy
davidjay wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 8:17 pm
Philip Marlow wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 2:01 pm About a million people have said it before me, but there really is a difference between doing a shit job when you have reason to believe that it’s just for now and doing a shit job which you suspect will be but one of a number of shit jobs stretching away into forever.
I've done many shit jobs over the years but only once have I been able to tell a boss to shove their shit job. I suspect that had the divine Ms B had the desire, she could have told Ronald McDonald where to stick his happy meal and not suffered.
Jarvis Cocker put it rather well:
If you called your dad he could stop it all, yeah
Philip Marlow liked this
By Andy McDandy
Musk's become a shorthand for them - one of those young tech people with all the answers. Bit like if 30 years ago you asked people to name an entrepreneur, they'd say Richard Branson.
mattomac liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
Andy McDandy wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 1:37 pm Musk's become a shorthand for them - one of those young tech people with all the answers. Bit like if 30 years ago you asked people to name an entrepreneur, they'd say Richard Branson.

Lots of Branson is marketing, of course, but I think he is actually pretty smart. When Virgin Trains started, he headhunted Chris Green, who had run Network South East and would have got the top job at BR if it had continued. Branson's businesses have done lots of different things successfully. There's a track record of success in lots of different industries, so I could see that more than Musk.
By Tubby Isaacs
Youngian wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 10:28 pm Virgin Records was innovative providing music other labels weren't interested in. But most of his enterprises are carpet bagging in existing markets with a fresh coat of paint and sexier barkers.
You don’t sustain airlines or banks on the back of air balloon stunts and scantily dressed women alone.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Youngian wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 11:34 am I've flown, drunk cola and had a bank account without Mr Branson's patronage. But I might not of had Gong albums or heard Tubula Bells.
Unsure of meaning...
By Andy McDandy
Meaning that Virgin records did have some impact in putting artistes like Mike Oldfield out there (when other record labels wouldn't touch them); but that many of Branson's other ventures haven't really brought anything new to attention.
Youngian liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
I didn't at all like the Virgin Train I went to the Lake District on, but they did run far more services and carry far more passengers, which was good for the Treasury as well as Branson. Unfortunately, Osborne got greedy, rail companies got hubristic in their bids, and the whole thing collapsed.
mattomac liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]