:sunglasses: 28.6 % :pray: 14.3 % :laughing: 32.1 % :cry: 25 %
By Abernathy
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:04 pm I don't think Trump's going to go, even if he loses badly.
Me neither. But then we are on to a whole other level of conflict. Trump no longer has the “advantage” of presidential incumbency, and one would surmise that president-elect Harris has plans in hand to deal with this shite.
By Abernathy
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:18 pm He was spotted by the agent, who fired a warning shot, and he ran away without firing. I wouldn't be surprised if more serious charges followed.
Quite interesting that in fleeing, he left behind a GoPro camera, which may suggest he planned to livestream the death (or almost death) of the Donald. Most peculiar.
By Bones McCoy
Yug wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:59 pm I find it quite ironic that both would-be assassins were registered Republican voters.

I think Trump's masterful performances, while having quite an effect, aren't having quite the effect he's intending.
Graham Hughes form the Politics Social YouTube put it rather well.

* You can play pied piper to the crazies with this replacement theory and project 2025 stuff.
* But the crazies don't do nuance, and will turn on you if you take a single step away form their chosen program.
* And in the USA, and crazy can get their hands on a firearm.

By contrast, Starmer's most probable risk is a snarky article by Owen Jones.
By davidjay
Bones McCoy wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:18 pm
Yug wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:59 pm I find it quite ironic that both would-be assassins were registered Republican voters.

I think Trump's masterful performances, while having quite an effect, aren't having quite the effect he's intending.
Graham Hughes form the Politics Social YouTube put it rather well.

* You can play pied piper to the crazies with this replacement theory and project 2025 stuff.
* But the crazies don't do nuance, and will turn on you if you take a single step away form their chosen program.
* And in the USA, and crazy can get their hands on a firearm.

By contrast, Starmer's most probable risk is a snarky article by Owen Jones.
True. After all, how many full-on British fash believe little Tommy is an Israeli agent?
By Crabcakes
I’m not usually one for conspiracy theories, but put it this way - if the team behind such classics as Four Seasons Landscaping organised a fake assassination, would it look much different to arranging for an absolute loon, wired to livestream the whole thing, turning up half a km from his target with a gun that - at that distance - is about as accurate as throwing your shoe in the air in an attempt to hit the ISS? And then have the target - who was only shot at by someone else a month ago - want to finish his round of golf?

Trump either has nerves of steel and no trauma response, is so senile he’s forgotten being shot at previously (in an attempt that itself has a *lot* of question marks about it), or knew he didn’t have to worry. And I remind you this is a man so volatile he’s triggered by a pop star to the point of throwing a tantrum.
Oboogie liked this
By Oboogie
The report I heard said he was on the golf course, set up further down waiting for his target to come into range. The secret service were sweeping ahead of Trump, spotted his gun barrel poking out of some shrubs and fired at him.
Whilst the timing is very convenient to Trump and Trump's response was certainly weird, this attempt sounds less suspicious than the first.
By Andy McDandy
Crabcakes wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 11:56 am It has now emerged the would-be assassin didn’t fire his weapon. At all.

So “second attempt on Trump’s life” is now “man stands outside golf course with device he has a permit for”
As a few people have put it, "Florida man acts like Florida man".
By Bones McCoy
So legal firearm holder in open-carry state has gun.

You and I can see the logic in an exclusion zone around high-value targets.
But Florida's lawmakers can't.
And it's not impossible that the NRA will launch a lawsuit to defend the alleged assassin's rights.

But under US/Florida law, some targets deserve more protection than others.
By Abernathy
Watching the second part of Trump’s Heist : The President that wouldn’t lose.

I still simply cannot understand how Trump is being permitted to run again in an election he still questions the legitimacy of.

Seriously, how can it be ?
By Abernathy
But Trump is going to do it all again. He will not accept defeat. He will say that the election was rigged, stolen. He will incite more riots.

If and when he does, President Harris, it seems to me, needs to give urgent attention to a constitutional amendment that says that no candidate for the office of president (or other high office) will be permitted to run for that office without providing a legally binding undertaking that s(he) will accept without question the result of the electoral process in which they are seeking to participate.

Democratic elections must not be undermined by rogues such as Trump.
By Crabcakes
Abernathy wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 10:00 pm Watching the second part of Trump’s Heist : The President that wouldn’t lose.

I still simply cannot understand how Trump is being permitted to run again in an election he still questions the legitimacy of.

Seriously, how can it be ?
Because on the one hand he has a hardcore of people who know he’s lying but either don’t care or care more about what he can do/enable for them. And on the other, a lot of people who think that the checks and balances will get him in the end.

Boris tried the same here, and if anything I think it showed ours are more robust, if anything.
By Bones McCoy
Abernathy wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 11:07 pm But Trump is going to do it all again. He will not accept defeat. He will say that the election was rigged, stolen. He will incite more riots.

If and when he does, President Harris, it seems to me, needs to give urgent attention to a constitutional amendment that says that no candidate for the office of president (or other high office) will be permitted to run for that office without providing a legally binding undertaking that s(he) will accept without question the result of the electoral process in which they are seeking to participate.

Democratic elections must not be undermined by rogues such as Trump.
Next time, like Han, the cops / national guard shoot first.
Before the yobs get in the building.

Shooting first in America is like Starmer's emergency courts in the UK.
Oboogie liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]