:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By mattomac
Wes completely destroyed her to the point that someone who was filming it decided showing Atkins acting like a football supporter after 10 pints wasn’t the most comfortable spectacle for the viewer at home.

Anyhow I am loving their moral outrage… like the problem remains that everything that has happened and is happening is down to them.

What would they have done with a win? Scrapped the NHS? I think that might have covered it. Maybe removed Cancer treatment after all it was Liz Truss’s big idea.

I assume they would have cut disability and unemployment benefit to charity handouts or something.

As for the prison thing, Jenrick can go fuck himself if he wants to take any high ground because he is partly responsible.
Oboogie liked this
By Andy McDandy
Also, if the driver wants her to go public with this, and has shared their details (and consider that a black cab driver is basically self employed), what is stopping her from naming them? Unless this is a case of blackmail bluff.
By mattomac
Sort of reminds me of someone bragging with a made up story.

Regardless even if it was true, there would have to be a lot more to it than this. The conservatives often forget when defending Johnson that he was pictured giving a toast and drinking in another setting, both in a public office and space, both not social distancing and both not involving a bit of cake.
By davidjay
mattomac wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 6:40 pm Sort of reminds me of someone bragging with a made up story.

Regardless even if it was true, there would have to be a lot more to it than this. The conservatives often forget when defending Johnson that he was pictured giving a toast and drinking in another setting, both in a public office and space, both not social distancing and both not involving a bit of cake.
And most of all, that wasn't what got him forced out.
mattomac liked this
By Yug
My violin has fallen down a crack in the floorboards

A former cabinet minister's challenge to a parliamentary probe that found he broke lobbying rules has been dismissed by European rights judges.

Owen Paterson quit Parliament in 2021 in the wake of a report that found he had breached its rules while working a paid consultant for two firms.

In a legal challenge launched the following year, the ex-Tory MP argued the inquiry was procedurally flawed and had breached his human rights.

But this has now been thrown out by the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR).

In its ruling, the court said the investigation had been conducted properly and was necessary to uphold Parliament's internal rules...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c62r38gd76jo.amp
Oh dear, how sad etc.
mattomac liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
I suspect this was inevitable, perhaps the 'decent Tories' will rally behind her and the likes of Gauke.

By Malcolm Armsteen
It seems that there were complaints over her views on the so-called Coconuts case.
A woman, Marie Hussain, was seen holding a poster which depicted Rishi Sunak and Suella Braverman as coconuts - you may be aware that this is an insult between people of colour when they feel that someone has 'gone over' - that they are brown on the outside, but white on the inside.
You may feel that this accusation has some merit, I certainly do, but it seems that Sunak and Braverman were deeply offended (ah, bless) and caused Hussain to be arrested and charged. In double-quick time...

When the case came to court it was unceremoniously chucked out, a move which Warsi applauded. This deeply offended Sunak/Braverman and a complaints procedure against Warsi was initiated. No idea on what terms, after all she had merely agreed with a decision of the courts, as she felt that the original arrest and charge had been Islamaphobic and initiated by the Tories then in power.

This seems to have been the final straw, leading to her resigning the whip.

This is her statement:
A court of law found #MariehaHussain not guilty.
Whatever Rishi Sunak and Suella Braverman think of that decision that is the rule of law and they are not above the law.
I applaud the courts decision and judgement of Judge Vanessa Lloyd, the overwhelming evidence of multiple academics and other expert witnesses. It was the right decision and I rightly congratulated Marieha on her acquittal.
I was subsequently asked to delete my public support for Marieha - I refused to do so.
That is the basis of the complaint. No other comments or language is the basis of the complaint.
The case was due to be conducted in private behind closed doors, I was not told who the complainant was and this is material considering the detail of bad faith practice the court heard about during the trial.
I was also told I could not discuss the matter with others.
It was effectively to be a secret retrial of the #coconuttrial
I was not prepared to accept this.
I felt it appropriate in the circumstances to resign my whip and look forward to dealing with these issues openly and transparently in the coming weeks and months
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]