:sunglasses: 28.6 % :pray: 14.3 % :laughing: 32.1 % :cry: 25 %
By Crabcakes
Andy McDandy wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 5:49 am He's hinted he'll aim to repeal the 2 terms amendment. Or just declare himself president for life, with his kids following. Seems he got some ideas from little rocket man.
Should he get in, the first gambit will be that the 2 term limit meant 2 consecutive terms and has just been misinterpreted, so his standing again (in what will be an entirely rigged election at that point) will be constitutional. Then by the end of the second 4 years - when he will be 86, and likely look like an oversaturated photo of Jabba the Hutt with a poorly made hay bale on his head - it’ll be irrelevant. He’ll claim that he saw visions of the founding fathers and they said, with tears in their eyes, “Sir, your presidency is so beautiful and so perfect, we didn’t write the rules thinking anything like this could ever happen. So please, stay President as long as the people want you to - and as you are their favourite President ever and the best one of all time, perhaps change your title to king of America?”

Of course, I don’t expect him to get in at all, nor live long enough (or - being generous - not be cognitively functional long enough) to get to the 2028 election. The truly scary prospect is someone much younger and fitter but as equally unhinged getting in for the GOP and then trying this on. Which is why I hope post-Trump and hopefully a drubbing in this election they absolutely collapse like the Tories and have to rebuild from the ground up after a long period of getting the crazy out of their system and letting the grown ups make progress for generations to come.
By Tubby Isaacs
Your suspicions are correct.

https://eu.rgj.com/story/news/2015/12/1 ... /77099822/

Fox News only started in October 1996, and most people couldn't receive it. I think too that it was less obviously Republican for a while. So unlikely that this would have been a meme in 1998.
Last edited by Tubby Isaacs on Tue Sep 03, 2024 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Youngian
In 2000 Trump was flirting with standing as a liberal alternative nominee to right wing crazy man Pat Buchanan as a third party spoiler candidate for the Reform Party. Accused Buchanan of being unfit to stand as he’s a Hitler worshipping homophobe and racist. Liked the cut of Don’s gib when he slagged off someone you didn’t like.
By The Weeping Angel
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 4:51 pm Your suspicions are correct.

https://eu.rgj.com/story/news/2015/12/1 ... /77099822/

Fox News only started in October 1996, and most people couldn't receive it. I think too that it was less obviously Republican for a while. So unlikely that this would have been a meme in 1998.
Thanks for that. I was always sceptical of that quote largely because it seemed too on the nose and no one has seemed to ask Trump about it in interviews.
By Tubby Isaacs
The Weeping Angel wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 10:57 pm They currently hold the governor's mansion and have a good candidate there so they've got a good chance.
He's certainly got a useful habit of grinding out narrow wins. I wonder if he should have run for the Senate in 2020 against Thom Tillis.
By The Weeping Angel
https://newrepublic.com/article/185622/ ... ntal-state
But what’s really at issue here is whether the media—as an institution, and in a comprehensive sense—is treating Trump’s mental state as an overarching and critically important factor in determining whether he is fit to be president.

For one thing, even if some of Trump’s whacked-out statements get covered, many do not. At a recent Moms for Liberty event, Trump unleashed a rant about schools supposedly forcing kids to undergo sexual reassignment surgery that was truly deranged and comprehensively detached from reality. As The New Republic’s Michael Tomasky points out, in some prominent coverage of the event, this wasn’t even mentioned at all.
When it came to Biden his age was treated as anational emergancy and he had to go but with Trump's no big deal.
mattomac, Arrowhead liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]