By Malcolm Armsteen
Taxi for Patel.

Robert Jenjerk 28
Bad Enoch 22
Jimmy Dimly 21
Tom Tug 17
Mel Strudel 16
Priti Prattle 14

I make that 118 votes. There are 121 Tory MPs.
By Malcolm Armsteen
I wonder if Jimmy managed to vote for himself?
By Watchman
Proves how much interest I was giving the subject, I hadn’t realised that Braverman was a non-starter !
mattomac, Arrowhead, Dalem Lake and 1 others liked this
By Killer Whale
Watchman wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 5:46 pm Proves how much interest I was giving the subject, I hadn’t realised that Braverman was a non-starter !
The next Tory leadership contest that has any implications at all for anyone outside the Tory party will be the one after next.
Oboogie liked this
By Bones McCoy
Crabcakes wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 4:40 pm If Jenrick wins, the rank and file who want Badenoch won’t be happy and it’ll all kick off again in 6 months. So doubtless this will happen.

Dunno about piss up in a brewery. This is more can’t organise a piss in a toilet.
And vice-versa of Badenoch wins.

Nobody's saying it in public, but the obvious subtext is: "Badenoch and Dimly won't get those Reform voters back onside".
With that logic plus "Tugendhat and Stride is wet pooftahs sah!!"

Pugsly walks it..
By satnav
I think Jenrick and Patel were both looking to get most of their support from the right of the party. Some of Patel's supporters may have switched to Jenrick early doors to try and ensure that one candidate from the right makes it through to the final 2. Assuming all the rest of Patel's supporters now switch to Jenrick that will still only give him 42 which should guarantee he makes it to the final 2. Realistically when it comes to the final vote of MPs only two candidates can get 40 votes especially if only 118 votes are cast.

Badenoch's share of the vote is smaller than expected but may be this could be down to a bit of tactical voting. I really didn't think that Stride would get 16 votes so some of these could have come from Badenoch's camp to get rid of Patel.
By satnav
Is that Lord Frost sat behind him? Having Frost on his side could well prove a bit of a liability if he does eventually become leader.

At this point it is hard to see where Badenoch picks up votes from. She might pick up a few of Patel votes if some Tory MPs are keen to see a female in the final 2. I really would expect Mel Stride to go next with the majority of his supporters pivoting to Cleverly.
By Abernathy
The odd thing about this whole contest is that 4 candidates now go to the Tory Party conference for a kind of beauty contest, but it still isn’t finished then. I don’t think they get a new leader until early November. Which leaves the party at its annual conference with only the lame duck Sunak as leader, instead of having the new leader decided on, and crowned, in glory (?) at the actual conference. Very odd indeed.
Last edited by Abernathy on Wed Sep 04, 2024 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Abernathy
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 3:42 pm Taxi for Patel.

Robert Jenjerk 28
Bad Enoch 22
Jimmy Dimly 21
Tom Tug 17
Mel Strudel 16
Priti Prattle 14

I make that 118 votes. There are 121 Tory MPs.
Just call me Mystic Aber.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]