:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Andy McDandy
As predicted back in June.

The Tory line will be that while the number of seats won by Labour is historic etc, it was due more to a collapse in the Tory vote than a surge in the Labour one. Thus no popular mandate.How this squares with any other government ever is not fully explained. All feeds into the "Caretaker administration until the NPoG can get things back in order" narrative, with Labour being the Allardyce to the Tories' Redknapp.
By Abernathy
Andy McDandy wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 11:41 am As predicted back in June.

The Tory line will be that while the number of seats won by Labour is historic etc, it was due more to a collapse in the Tory vote than a surge in the Labour one. Thus no popular mandate .How this squares with any other government ever is not fully explained. All feeds into the "Caretaker administration until the NPoG can get things back in order" narrative, with Labour being the Allardyce to the Tories' Redknapp.
All of which dovetails quite remarkably with the Corbynite bollocks of "Starmer only won because the Tories are so bloody awful, and anyway, he's just the same as a Tory, so yah boo sucks to you".
By kreuzberger
Just for the record; this has precisely nothing to do with smoking. Rather, it is the casual trivialisation by Fester McVile of the murder of six million people with something she thinks she should oppose.

Historians on this forum with confirm that being starved in a diseased ridden ghetto for months or years on end, being transported in cattle wagons, and then being "selected" by murderous psychopaths to die within the fortnight or have your lungs and those of your loved ones fried by Zyklon B really has nothing analogous to a swift Marlboro while waiting for a pie and chips at the Dog & Duck.

Anyway, those touchy oven-dodgers at the Board of Deputies of British Jews. How snowflakerish are they, eh?
By Youngian
Reform and Tory headbangers have taken a day out from immigrant bashing to make a tin eared stand against public smoking restrictions. Which are popular, smokers are under 15% of the population and many of them don’t oppose public bans. The ‘I don’t smoke but..’ libertarians, do they exist much outside the populist right echo chambers?
Last edited by Youngian on Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Bones McCoy
Youngian wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:16 pm Reform and Tory headbangers have taken a day out from immigrant bashing to make a tin eared stand against public smoking restrictions. Which are popular, smokers are under 15% of the population and many of them don’t oppose public bans. The ‘I don’t smoke but..’ libertarians, do exist much outside the populist right echo chambers?
The types who assert "muh rights to enjoy faggs" are an ever dwindling rump of selfish pricks.
By Abernathy
“ This could be the end of pubs “

No, it won’t be.

“No smoking outside? How will they even enforce that ?"

Same as they enforce the no smoking inside rule.
Last edited by Abernathy on Fri Aug 30, 2024 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Tubby Isaacs
I don't know how you'd codify this, but seems like there's some sort of space between having a few people sat in the middle of a beer garden stinking it out for everyone and booting them out altogether. Can't there be a zone at the side of it or something.

The price of the actual beer would seem to be a more existential threat to pubs.
By davidjay
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 1:00 pm I don't know how you'd codify this, but seems like there's some sort of space between having a few people sat in the middle of a beer garden stinking it out for everyone and booting them out altogether. Can't there be a zone at the side of it or something.

The price of the actual beer would seem to be a more existential threat to pubs.
The highest number of pubs was in 1959, so they'd been closing for almost half a century before the smoking ban.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
Victoria Atkins was on less than stellar form today. She had a fair point about the need to manage conflicts of interest when getting advice of people with interests, but fucked this up by turning it into an attack on "inexperience" (wouldn't need advisers if they were experienced, you see).

The attack went as well as George Bush Snr attacking Bill Clinton and Ross Perot in their first debate for not having experience. Perot's answer was "I don’t have any experience in running up a $4 trillion debt"
mattomac liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]