:pray: 50 % :laughing: 50 %
By Bones McCoy
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:58 pm Now got a show on GB News. Where she can discuss the big topics like gender balance at Felixstowe Carnival. Though even the link she puts up says there are two (presumably female) princesses.

One might think gender balance among Tory MPs was a more worthy subject for consideration. 24% of them are women.

Cates will lose her shit when she hears about the 1928 Aldeburgh Festival.

The Garage where my Grandma worked entered a float and were handsomely paid to feature a Michelin Man.
The sponsors offered to supply an official costume.
When delivered, the costume was too small for any of the male mechanics.

So in 1928 my grandma paraded as a Man, a Forrin Man made out of imaginary tyres.
It was a warm day, and the costume was unbearably hot.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Abernathy
Jenrick is somehow instantly and profoundly dislikeable. Superficially, it’s because his appearance is that of a smoothie-chopped cunt, which is bad enough in itself. But he is also evil, greedy, ambitious, and corrupt. You get the impression he’d sell his granny for twenty quid.

A disgusting individual.
By Malcolm Armsteen
The epitome of estate agent.
mattomac, Nigredo liked this
By RedSparrows
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 9:24 pm The epitome of estate agent.
Nailed it.

Also, it really is astonishing how myopic modern Toryism is: this doubling-down on such a small part of the electorate, plus some oldies, is... mad.
By davidjay
RedSparrows wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 9:44 am
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 9:24 pm The epitome of estate agent.
Nailed it.

Also, it really is astonishing how myopic modern Toryism is: this doubling-down on such a small part of the electorate, plus some oldies, is... mad.
Absolutely. I mean, Labour would never react to a shattering electoral defeat by becoming more extreme.
By Crabcakes
I think the big takeaway from this is, barring a disaster, Labour have already won the next election and most likely the one after that as well. Because none of the current Tory leadership options have any broad appeal, and they all have the taint of having been involved in 1 or more of the recent Tory governments.

The crazy thing is, this now seems a perfectly reasonable thing to say. But as little as 3 years ago we thought we were looking at a decade or more of Boris Johnson in charge.
By Andy McDandy
And if they do, I'd say that would be goodnight from her. First, Fargle doesn't want his own star eclipsed. Second, Braverman is in blue rosette monkey territory. Without her party, her constituents would likely dump her.
By Tubby Isaacs
Crabcakes wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 10:54 am I think the big takeaway from this is, barring a disaster, Labour have already won the next election and most likely the one after that as well. Because none of the current Tory leadership options have any broad appeal, and they all have the taint of having been involved in 1 or more of the recent Tory governments.

The crazy thing is, this now seems a perfectly reasonable thing to say. But as little as 3 years ago we thought we were looking at a decade or more of Boris Johnson in charge.
Doesn't take a very large swing for Labour to lose that majority. Implosion of Reform can't be ruled out either.
By Tubby Isaacs
I'm old enough to remember when the opposition gave the government support in crises like this.

Give old Keir a chance, James. It's literally been 5 days since this kicked off. In the meantime, they're stuck with the criminal justice system as you left it for them. Doesn't seem like a particularly impossible idea that there could be a central core of elite riot police who could be readied as soon as there's intelligence of likely rioting and don't have to be taken away from other duties, like current riot police do. But James has devastating questions like "where will they be based?". Is this some sort of parody of an obstructive civil servant or somthing?

By Yug
Farage ‘irresponsible and dangerous’ during riots, says Tory leader contender

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/ar ... servatives
Tugendhat says Manfrog is irresponsible, Starmer didn't act quickly enough. Funny how there's no vitriol available for his own Tory colleagues for stirring the hate for the last few years.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]