:sunglasses: 28.6 % :pray: 14.3 % :laughing: 32.1 % :cry: 25 %
By The Weeping Angel
Philip Marlow wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 5:39 pm Ouch.

https://www.lrb.co.uk/blog/2024/july/after-biden
The tin cup is empty, and the ass has gone under. Joe Biden’s political career is over, and he had to do it by autocoup. His two most trusted aides came to him at Rehoboth Beach and told him from a distance – because he has Covid – that he no longer had a path to victory. The money had dried up, he was trailing in all the usual swing states, and even in states the Democrats usually win without spending much money, like Virginia and New Mexico. The next day he posted his resignation letter to X (formerly Twitter) and followed it up with an endorsement of his vice president. Oh, yeah, c’mon, man, keep her around. So came to an end a month of blather about the way Biden had become King Lear. The final reckoning was less like Julius Caesar than like sending the president to the self-checkout till at Tesco to pay for his own hemlock.
And ow.
In 2020, the Democrats’ virtual convention presented the Black Lives Matter protests after the killing of George Floyd by Minneapolis police earlier that summer as a cheerful prelude to the Biden campaign in a video set to Bruce Springsteen’s ‘The Rising’. The party will not be able to do the same with protesters against the genocide in Gaza if they turn up en masse this year. Benjamin Netanyahu this week spoke to Congress and asserted that Americans protesting against his war are Iran’s ‘useful idiots’, and the White House spokesman John Kirby echoed the claim (while saying ‘that’s not a phrase we would use’).
The LRB really will commision any old nonsense.
By Yug
Bones McCoy wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:35 am
Youngian wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 10:26 am Vance is trying to turn around his negative ratings by making an apology to cats. But not childless women.
Does he understand that cats can't vote?
Don't worry. Women won't be able to either soon.
By kreuzberger
Trump advises his weirdo christian audience that they won’t have to vote again if they return him to the presidency in November’s election. It might have summat to do with weekend shifts bur, generally speaking, the media are shrugging their collective shoulders.

This man is a malignant menace, and he is spelling it out for every one of us.
By Tubby Isaacs
Shapiro has apparently gone too far in on Israel. This may not be helpful with younger progressives.

Walz and Kelly both look good to me. Kelly potentially gets you Arizona, whereas Minnesota should be won anyway. But Walz has positives in that he probably has more of a profile across the Mid West and can stick to JD Vance.
By The Weeping Angel
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 12:10 pm Shapiro has apparently gone too far in on Israel. This may not be helpful with younger progressives.

Walz and Kelly both look good to me. Kelly potentially gets you Arizona, whereas Minnesota should be won anyway. But Walz has positives in that he probably has more of a profile across the Mid West and can stick to JD Vance.
He's a zionist apparently which means he supports genocide. Menawhile a good case made here for Roy Cooper governor of North Carolina

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ultimate-tea ... vzKNuB0b5H
He’s never lost an election. He’s known Kamala Harris for years. And he’s a self-professed “diet soda sommelier” with a distaste for Diet Mountain Dew — the beverage Sen. JD Vance went viral for promoting in his first speech as Donald Trump’s vice presidential candidate.
“I just think that Cooper is a complete package,” said state Senate Democratic Leader Dan Blue, who was also North Carolina’s first and only Black House speaker. “I don’t see any vulnerabilities — unless being a Southerner and talking a little slower might be a vulnerability in certain parts of the country.”

North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper is not an astronaut or household name like some others the vice president is considering for her running mate. But many Democrats think Cooper is at or near the top of Harris’ short list because he’d be a strong partner who could potentially deliver North Carolina’s 16 electoral votes.
By kreuzberger
I was up at 05.00 this morning, as bright as a (reasonably bright) button. On went the World Service and the Newshour reports were that Harris had referred to Trump as being "weird".

That word has popped up in every programme and break throughout the day. That suggests that it is strategic.

I can't see it dissuading the Trailor-Trash Taliban, but it will hit home with the undecideds. He is, indeed, seriously fucking weird.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]