:sunglasses: 28.6 % :pray: 14.3 % :laughing: 32.1 % :cry: 25 %
By Abernathy
The Weeping Angel wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:53 pm But it was an assasination attempt. I mean I hate to go all Godwin but people tried to assasinate Hitler and they're still counted as assasination attempts and it's not like Anwar Sadat or Indira Ghandhi were angels either.
You miss my point. I’m not denying that someone did actually mount an attempt to murder Trump. I’m talking about how the term “assassination” seems somehow to be inappropriate and/or undeserved in Trump’s case. Understand ?
By The Weeping Angel
Well weather you like it or not Trump is a public figure he is a former President and he's the Republicans nominee so yeah what happened was an assasination attempt. If it's any consolation it will most likely be remembered the same way that the attempt on Gerald Ford's life is remembered.
By Abernathy
***sigh** *

I repeat, I am not denying that what we saw last week was an assassination attempt. I am talking about the inappropriateness of the word for what happened to Trump, as I perceive it.

Please try to grasp this. I'm growing rather tired of trying to explain it to you in a way you might comprehend.
By Andy McDandy
What's not known is the shooter's motivation. Assassination traditionally implied a calculated or political motive, something beyond rage, or a desire to be infamous. However, under that logic, Hinckley/Reagan wouldn't count, as "to impress a girl" isn't exactly political.
The Weeping Angel liked this
By Youngian
There’s a surprising lack of public curiosity as to what motivated the shooter (whose name I’ve forgotten already without checking). Could be a good thing that people would rather wait until the facts emerge. More likely that the circus packed up and moved on even before Biden’s presidential race withdrawal. A relief that Trump has failed to capitalise on the event.
By Abernathy
Andy McDandy wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 6:08 am What's not known is the shooter's motivation. Assassination traditionally implied a calculated or political motive, something beyond rage, or a desire to be infamous. However, under that logic, Hinckley/Reagan wouldn't count, as "to impress a girl" isn't exactly political.
Spot on. Could you possibly have a word with TWA ?
By Crabcakes
I’d argue it wasn’t an assassination attempt on Trump because the guy wasn’t fixated on specifically killing Trump - the evidence has shown he had details on Biden’s movements and others, and seems like he just wanted to become shooter famous and Trump just happened to be easily accessible first.

Attempted murder, sure. But Trump wasn’t *the* target - just *a* target. The dictionary definition of assassinating is “murder (an important person) for political or religious reasons.” - but if he didn’t care if he killed the Republican or the Democrat candidate because personal infamy was the goal, it’s very arguably not political. And it’s certainly not religious.
By Bones McCoy
Just back.

I'm relieved that Biden's thrown in the towel.
I few Harris' demographic will deter a number of cautious Democrat voters.

But <Full Keegan> I WILL FUCKING LOVE IT IF SHE WINS </Full Keegan>

It will be a joy to watch Trumps stupid orange dribbling face contort with rage at losing to a black woman.
Arrowhead liked this
By Abernathy
If/when Kamala Harris defeats Trump, we can no doubt look forward to the orange one refusing to accept the result and claiming the election was rigged against him.

Civil war? Maybe Donald will want one. Man’s a cunt.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Cool. Let's see the Proud Boys up against the Screaming Eagles...

Frankly I think this can only end in blood. The idiots have pushed it too far.
By Youngian
GOP donors have thrown money in RFK’s direction but it’s unsurprising this crackpot will shave Trump’s vote rather than Harris.
When voters in the survey were shown a hypothetical ballot that included independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Harris led Trump 42% to 38%, an advantage outside the margin of error. Kennedy, favored by 8% of voters in the poll, has yet to qualify for the ballot in many states ahead of the Nov. 5 election.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]