:sunglasses: 28.6 % :pray: 14.3 % :laughing: 32.1 % :cry: 25 %
By Abernathy
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:35 am Interesting idea, and one which must have occurred. I suppose that the DNC would not want Biden's presidency to end that way.

Out if interest, in that scenario (similar to Johnson) who becomes vp?
I dunno, but logically I'm guessing that Harris just slotting her chosen running mate for November in without being elected would not be acceptable. I think they might just go without a Veep for the time being with the proviso that the Speaker of the House would step up if anything happened to Harris before November.
By Abernathy
Youngian wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:38 am There’s a tongue in cheek conspiracy that Joe made the decision to step down months ago but waited until Trump ramped up the Biden’s too old and doddery narrative. Now Dementia Don has to eat his own shit.

Indeed. I heard an American commentator saying that the election would now be a black woman versus an orange man. :)
By Abernathy
Other advantages for Harris : she has a record as a forensically sharp prosecutor who will be able to dismantle the adjudicated rapist and convicted felon Trump's lies and bullshit in much the same way as Starmer gave Johnson enough rope and got him to step onto the trap door.

"Women's issues" will be to the fore in this election campaign. Many millions of women in America remain furiously angry that Trump's Supreme Court appointees scrapped Roe vs. Wade. Kamala will be raising this at every turn, and female votes in the swing states could see Harris home.
By Samanfur
I understand that Joe Manchin's considering rejoining the Democrats and putting himself forward. Showing as nakedly as possible that he doesn't care which side he's on or if he screws the country over, as long as he wins.

Hopefully, people will take note.
By Samanfur
Youngian wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:49 am
Samanfur wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 7:40 am I'm hoping for Mark Kelly. His history with the police will put some off, but his blue collar background, military experience and personal experience of gun violence would really screw with Trump's attacks.
And an astronaut. Bloomin eck, he’s from central casting.
Yup. Look up his twin brother, Scott, as well.

"Donald, when I say it's not rocket science..."
By Abernathy
Youngian wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:58 pm Harris could pull a wide coalition of voters together but judging by the Milwaukee conference, I don’t see Trump reaching out beyond his base.
Well, yes. Talk about the fucking lunatics taking over the asylum. :shock:
By The Weeping Angel
Philip Marlow wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:32 am Pelosi apparently suggested that she’d support an open convention if Biden stepped down, which strikes me as a recipe for all kinds of disasters.

Ah well, at least America’s finest news source is maintaining its high standards of reporting amidst the chaos.

By The Weeping Angel
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:35 am Interesting idea, and one which must have occurred. I suppose that the DNC would not want Biden's presidency to end that way.

Out if interest, in that scenario (similar to Johnson) who becomes vp?
A new VP would have to be confirmed by Congress and the Republican house would refuse to confirm one.
Arrowhead, Oboogie liked this
By Abernathy
Something just occurred to me. It’s that the terminology of Trump having survived an attempted “assassination” isn’t quite right. He isn’t worthy of an attempted “assassination” attempt. Jack and Bobby Kennedy were assassinated. Dr. Martin Luther King was assassinated. Malcolm X. Indira Ghandi. Anwar Sadat.

Somehow, an attempt to “assassinate” Trump seems just… undeserved. Inappropriate. Wrong.

What happened to Trump was an attempt to end the capability of a despicable, destructive, and fundamentally corrupt being to inflict any more damage on society beyond that which he has already perpetrated, that should not be categorised alongside other, actual assassinations. For the avoidance of doubt, I’m not saying that assassination is an acceptable resort in any circumstances. But in Trump’s case, I very nearly am.
By satnav
I'm now really getting hacked off with the BBC repeatedly banging on about the various gaffes that Biden and Harris have made in the last few years. This really is utterly pathetic especially when they conveniently forget to mention all the gaffes that Trump has made. Trump probably made slightly fewer gaffes as president because he spent more time on the golf course than in the White House. But he certainly did have a number of gaffes especially when he told people to drink bleach.
The Weeping Angel liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]