:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Tubby Isaacs
They aren't taking Opposition well, are they? Is this some sort of audition for the loons' vote in the leadership? Never seen anything like it.

The Minister gets to speak, and you get to intervene when the Minister lets you. They can go on a bit sometimes, but that's the way it goes. The Minister is Steve Reed (Environment), and I think his shadow (Steve Barclay) is sitting there patiently enough. For some reason Kemi Badenoch stands up gesticulating. Then Victoria Atkins jumps up and starts pointing and shouting.

The Deputy Speaker (of all people, Christopher Chope) tells her she's "behaved abominably".

By Malcolm Armsteen
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 10:37 pm They aren't taking Opposition well, are they? Is this some sort of audition for the loons' vote in the leadership? Never seen anything like it.

The Minister gets to speak, and you get to intervene when the Minister lets you. They can go on a bit sometimes, but that's the way it goes. The Minister is Steve Reed (Environment), and I think his shadow (Steve Barclay) is sitting there patiently enough. For some reason Kemi Badenoch stands up gesticulating. Then Victoria Atkins jumps up and starts pointing and shouting.

The Deputy Speaker (of all people, Christopher Chope) tells her she's "behaved abominably".

At least Dowden though it was funny...
By Malcolm Armsteen
Deputy speakers are chairs of certain committees. I think Chope is Ways and Means.
By Watchman
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 10:37 pm They aren't taking Opposition well, are they? Is this some sort of audition for the loons' vote in the leadership? Never seen anything like it.

I assume Chope didn’t realise that Labour no longer occupy the opposition benches
By satnav
If the Tories are already getting tetchy after just two weeks in opposition things are only going to get worse if Labour do all they can to keep any parliamentary breaks to a minimum ensuring that the Tories have to turn up every day for the next couple of years. Tories with multiple jobs outside of parliament will be particularly irked if they have to spend more time in parliament.
By slilley
satnav wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:41 pm If the Tories are already getting tetchy after just two weeks in opposition things are only going to get worse if Labour do all they can to keep any parliamentary breaks to a minimum ensuring that the Tories have to turn up every day for the next couple of years. Tories with multiple jobs outside of parliament will be particularly irked if they have to spend more time in parliament.
What would be even worse is if Labour refused pairing, so the Conservatives had to be in the house night after night to vote against stuff they know they will neve defeat. That would make them even more fractious, especially if the Labour whips are giving their side nights off secure they will win the vote with a decent majority anyway.
By Oboogie
Abernathy wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:35 am Starmer should crack on with reducing the voting age to 16. Pity it wasn't in this King's Speech.
The deadline for lowering the voting age is before the next election - four to five years hence. There are other, more urgent, priorities for this session of Parliament.
By Tubby Isaacs
Bloke who lost Bicester and Woodstock by nearly 5,000.

Not surprising we hadn't relected the full costs because inflation. And Reeves has pulled a fast one by flagging up the full shortfall now, or something. Sure, knock off a bit for them time value of money then. Your ass isn't talking it's way out of this shit.

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]