:pray: 25 % :laughing: 75 %
By Malcolm Armsteen
Spike loves her, and getting tickets for the London gig has been the highlight of her year, though I'm not wowed by her myself.

Every generation has its own heroes.
Spoonman liked this
By kreuzberger
From the Graun's live-blog;
At the Downing Street lobby briefing this morning the PM’s spokesperson said Rishi Sunak was not concerned that some people could be disenfranchised by delays to receiving their postal ballots. The spokesperson said the problem was being addressed.

He told reporters:

We are aware of some concerns around the printing and delivery of postal ballot packs in some local areas.

We’re working closely with the Electoral Commission, returning officers, Royal Mail and the print suppliers to support the resolution of these issues.

We understand that the Royal Mail will also be conducting sweeps of their delivery system on polling day to make sure that any ballot packs still in the postal system are identified and passed to returning officers ahead of polls closing.

And anyone who hasn’t received their postal ballot yet may want to contact their returning officer or arrange for it to be reissued, or to arrange for an alternative avenue to cast their ballot.
They simply don't give a toss and are demob happy anyway. Disgraceful.
By Tubby Isaacs
Apologies for the source, can't find anyone else tweeting it, but I've said before that Swinney and Forbes might row back from the higher taxes in Scotland. I've no idea what business are saying, but people don't generally like paying more tax themselves, and if they do, then it's not usually very much more. LIke a fiver a week out of a £60k salary.

The SNP have been seriously overcooking what the extra tax pays for too, when most of the extra over England it is down to UK wide transfers. So if this gets found out, they could fall further. I haven't seen any polling, but would be surprised if it wasn't a factor in Yes voters supporting Labour in the election.

My own feeling, as I always say when talking about Corbyn, is that to raise a lot more tax, you have to start very far down the income scale. The SNP haven't started that far down. but further down than most are prepared to contemplate. So though I don't like them, I'd be sorry to see this experiment end, if it does.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Blimey. Stephen Flynn is a charisma black hole, isn't he?
By Malcolm Armsteen
Watched him interviewed after the King's Speech - he was so dull you could have used him as sunblock.
By Tubby Isaacs
Some credit due to John Swinney here.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/ar ... r-scotland

He doesn't say so explicitly, but the implication is that the Scottish Government in recent years has had money that it wouldn't normally have had (left over from Covid, I think). He's not tried to blame it all on Labour. I wouldn't be surprised if Scotland reverted to pretty much UK levels of income tax soon, and I think this may be an underrated reason for the electoral defeat.

Like Starmer in its own way, and he'll probably get about as much credit. But I like it, and I like the fact he's keeping child poverty as central. Labour has less money than the Scottish Government, but it will need to do the same.
By Tubby Isaacs
This is pretty shameless. And a good example of why Labour doesn't bother with this lot.
SNP claims Council of Nations and Regions will be 'insult' to Scotland because Scottish mayors excluded
When Labour was talking about devolution deals with Scottish cities, the SNP opposed that because it was bypassing the Scottish Government. Labour says OK and plans to liase with the Scottish Government, and that's apparently an insult too.

Do Scottish mayors even exist in the sense of regional governments within Scotland? I don't think they do.
Arrowhead, Oboogie liked this
By Arrowhead
Oboogie wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 6:21 pm Who is it Wings Over Scotland wants to be fucked to hell?
Is it Salmond or Sturgeon?
Or both?

Question two: Why?
Sturgeon is very much the target for his anger, and has been for a long time. He's aligned himself very closely to Salmond/Alba over recent years, which for obvious reasons has brought him into direct conflict with Sturgeon and the rest of the SNP re their haldling of the various accusations made against Salmond.
Oboogie liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]