:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Tubby Isaacs
Am I missing something, or has she not denied leaking? "It's a shame someone leaked..." That's not the same as a proper denial, is it?

She became Equalities Minister in 2022. She'll doubtless try and take a load of credit for puberty blockers and all that, but the Cass Review was launched by NHS England when Matt Hancock was Secretary of State, and another review by NICE when Sajid Javid was Secretary of State. Not that I'm a fan of those, but they managed to deal with the issue without the obnoxiousness of Kemi.

Unfortunately, I think she'll make the last two and win. I've no doubt that lots of Tory MPs (who will probably support Tugendhat) are very worried about this prospect.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Suits me.
Remember Michael Howard as leader?
Bones McCoy, Arrowhead liked this
By Arrowhead
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 1:39 pm Suits me.
Same here. If Labour and the Lib Dems could pick their ideal LOTO, Badenoch would probably only be narrowly behind Braverman. I don't think either of those are going to be winning back Middle England anytime soon, especially when contrasted with Starmer doing actual grown up things.

I always remember Robert Peston reporting that the Tories response to Ed Miliband securing the leadership as that of "swinging from the chandeliers in delight". Braverman or Badenoch would very much be our equivalents.
By Tubby Isaacs
Pretty much, yeah. And people who like Bozo, like Bozo.

Here's today's "Feeble attempt to blame Labour" competition winner. Click on it, you won't believe it.

As an aside, you may notice nobody in the Tories noticed all this extra spending was necessary till the election was out of the way. It didn't happen anyway. And there were 8 more Tory Justice Secretaries after Gove.

By Bones McCoy
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 3:32 pm Yep. As we keep saying, getting in some guy who just tried to destroy you may not be the easiest thing to do. For all his faults, Steve Baker (who has engaged with the Muslim community in High Wycombe) said that he didn't want to work with someone with Farage's attitudes.

It's the TV commissioner's problem over again.

"Let's make a show just like the "success" that attracted 300,000 viewers, we ca get them to watch again".

But never "Let's make something different to appeal to the other 66,700,000 potential viewers".
By Bones McCoy
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 3:53 pm Pretty much, yeah. And people who like Bozo, like Bozo.

Here's today's "Feeble attempt to blame Labour" competition winner. Click on it, you won't believe it.

As an aside, you may notice nobody in the Tories noticed all this extra spending was necessary till the election was out of the way. It didn't happen anyway. And there were 8 more Tory Justice Secretaries after Gove.

You can't see the new prisons because the 40 new hospitals are blocking the view.
By Bones McCoy
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 6:09 pm
Bones McCoy wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 5:53 pm
You can't see the new prisons because the 40 new hospitals are blocking the view.
Dog ate my new prisons. And hospitals.
The new prison goes to a different school - which collapsed due to RAC rot.
By davidjay
Bones McCoy wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 12:02 am
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 8:12 pm One of the sane ones has nimbies on her back. The Greens won a council by-election by opposing the same development.

It is of course possible to read documents without being in the Government.

I'm confused.
Are Human Rights cool again?
Depends what colour you are.
By Tubby Isaacs
Youngian wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 7:11 am I’d be interested to know how Labour being the only green YIMBY party has advanced or hindered them. There’s been a very vocal campaign against a solar park in Suffolk opposed by the Lib Dems and Greens of course but Labour has just won the seat of Bury st Edmunds for the first time ever
Good question. I'd have thought it was positive for Labour at the moment, while it was fairly abstract. There's potentially a good longer term coalition for Labour in the issue, with so many young people (and their parents) wanting more housing. Lots of young people have voted Green this time, but they could very soon become a joke on opposing development, especially with their very liberal immigration stance and opposition to nuclear power.

But it will certainly get harder.
By Tubby Isaacs
Defeated Tory candidate in Bury St Edmunds here. As ever the bullshit, "you said localism but local people don't want this thing". The localism point is about local delivery of services.

And he comes up against someone from the East Anglia Daily Press who knows what he's talking about. It doesn't go well for Tanner who was working in Downing Street while this was going on.

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]