:sunglasses: 30 % :pray: 10 % :laughing: 60 %
By Tubby Isaacs
More election good news- Rod Liddle lost his deposit in Middlesbrough South and Cleveland East. 4.8%, with a clear run from Reform, is really quite shit.

Arguably, Liddle running cost the Simon Clarke the seat- Labour won by only 214. Though if Reform had run they'd likely have taken more votes off Labour, so swings and roundabouts.
By Tubby Isaacs
Arrowhead wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 8:59 pm Fysh is now blarbing on about the urgent need to build a new right-wing party "that is actually small c conservative where 65% of the country is, that is isn't nativist or weird" :roll:
Does that mean really shit, but led by Kemi Badenoch?
Arrowhead liked this
By kreuzberger
To be honest, I am still feeling kinda jet-lagged after Thursday evening / Friday morning. I felt a blood-letting at 22:00 and then a drunken, euphoric haze until around 02:00 when I went to be with bluetooth buds, just awakening enough to clock the most important moments. I am shattered.

I am certainly not trading all that poison for elderflower-scented pillows, but my faith in the Old Country is, step-by-step, being restored. My boy tells me that people in west London are warmly greeting each other on the street.
Arrowhead liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
The Weeping Angel wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 9:06 pm Is anyone on here still represented by a Tory?
By Tubby Isaacs
Arrowhead wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 9:13 pm
Yep! Saqib Bhatti ended up holding on by about 4,500 votes here in Solihull East & Meriden.
How much of the town of Solihull is in your seat? Because there was a discussion on Twitter about how appallingly the Tories have done in towns, and the question was asked which is the biggest town wholly or mostly contained by a Tory held constituency. The two Solihull seats were suggested, as was Maidstone (and Malling).
By Arrowhead
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 10:32 pm How much of the town of Solihull is in your seat? Because there was a discussion on Twitter about how appallingly the Tories have done in towns, and the question was asked which is the biggest town wholly or mostly contained by a Tory held constituency. The two Solihull seats were suggested, as was Maidstone (and Malling).
Only a relatively small amount of Solihull itself, I think. It's a very oddly-drawn seat which takes in a lot of the posh rural areas between Solihull and Coventry, and a rather downtrodden portion of eastern Birmingham. I believe the main bulk of Solihull itself is covered by the new Solihull West and Shirley constituency.
By Arrowhead
Incidentally, on the subject of Solihull West & Shirley: I've just noticed that the previous MP for the abolished Solihull constituency, Julian Knight, finished a distant last and lost his deposit. Lord only knows what convinced him to stand again, he hadn't even been an MP for long enough to build up much of a personal vote.

Some people just don't know when to make a dignified exit.
By Youngian
The Weeping Angel wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 9:06 pm Is anyone on here still represented by a Tory?
Sadly yes and Reform came second. But I don’t care as I walk the dog three streets away where the first former PM for over a century was ejected by Labour. And even better it’s Liz Truss.
Arrowhead liked this
By Andy McDandy
Arrowhead wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 11:09 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 10:32 pm How much of the town of Solihull is in your seat? Because there was a discussion on Twitter about how appallingly the Tories have done in towns, and the question was asked which is the biggest town wholly or mostly contained by a Tory held constituency. The two Solihull seats were suggested, as was Maidstone (and Malling).
Only a relatively small amount of Solihull itself, I think. It's a very oddly-drawn seat which takes in a lot of the posh rural areas between Solihull and Coventry, and a rather downtrodden portion of eastern Birmingham. I believe the main bulk of Solihull itself is covered by the new Solihull West and Shirley constituency.
Chelmsley Wood? It's a really sharp contrast between there and the forest of Arden.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]