:sunglasses: 30 % :pray: 10 % :laughing: 60 %
By Arrowhead
Wow, I’ve only just noticed how (comparatively) close the Braverman and Badenoch results were eventually. Both saw identical collapses in their vote shares and ended up hanging on in the mid-thirties percentage-wise.

It looks like the electorate weren’t sure who to vote for tactically in both constituencies - hopefully the final results have made things clearer for GE2029 (Labour in both cases, although the Lib Dems aren’t too far behind vs Braverman in Fareham and Waterlooville).
By Killer Whale
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 11:17 am I didn't know Welsh-speaking Reform leaners was a thing.
It was a bit of a shock to us, if I'm being honest. We will take it back to the constituency. There will be lessons applicable to our neighbours in Llanelli, too.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
Lots of Reform voters have Labour as their second choice. But even if we assume all Reform's votes in Ipswich came from Tom, he still lost more votes to Labour, Lib Dems and Greens. And Tom going along with Kipper nonsense like "get the Royal Navy to take them to France" doesn't change that.

Other loons gone include this guy. He was the actual minister for this stuff. He knows it's absolute bollocks. Did he speak to Reform voters. Lots of them think "Rwanda" is a load of bollocks.

By Tubby Isaacs
Philip Davies is another one gone. And as with Tom Hunt, you can add his vote and Reform together and he still loses. I wonder if coining it in on telly didn't help his case. The public hates second jobbing and that's much more visible than your MP heading over to a boardroom.

Also gone gobshite Scott Mann from North Cornwall on a 24.9% Con-LD swing.
By Tubby Isaacs
Lots of those people hate Labour more than the Tories because blah blah.

Tactial voting went very well overall, but there always a few tantilising ones. The fifth Kipper, in South Basildon and East Thurrock, won by 98. The 2,079 who voted Green or Lib Dem may have been wishing they'd voted Labour.
By Tubby Isaacs
Christ, Surrey Heath (Gove's old seat) was lost on a 21.5% swing to the Lib Dems, who now have a 11.8% majority.

There wasn't a large Green vote in this seat, but the Greens seem to have good relations with the Lib Dems. Getting ahead of myself here, but is it possible that in the next election the two parties could do a "rejoin the Single Market/EU" pact. That could be a big nuisance to the Tories in some of the seats they won this time. But I suppose they'll get more than 23% next time.
By Arrowhead
The dismal Geoffrey Clifton-Brown, who at one point was voted the worst MP in parliament for helping constituents, just about held on in the new North Cotswolds constituency despite a massive swing against the Tories. Frustratingly, LAB/LD/GRN accounted for 51% of the total vote there.

No such issues in the neighbouring South Cotswolds constituency, where the Tory candidate lost by a decent margin to the Lib Dems despite almost exactly matching Clifton-Brown’s vote share.
By Tubby Isaacs
The Lib Dems romped home in Tewkesbury too. Back in the day, Tewkesbury and the Cotswolds were part of the same seat, Cirencester and Tewkesbury. I wouldn't have put Tewkesbury down as a Lib Dem target because the town itself is more working class than other Lib Dem areas. But they went for it and got it.

I don't think they went for North Cotswolds. Looking at the boundaries, it does include some modern "villages" between Cheltenham and Gloucester. One of them, Brockworth used to be a place people who couldn't afford Cheltenham moved to, even when Cheltenham had cheaper areas in it. But I'd have put North Cotswolds as more winnable than Tewkesbury, but they I guess they had limited resources. Easy to do it after the event, but given that they blew the doors off in other places, i wonder if they regret not going for it?

South Cotswolds is pretty much entirely affluent. Maybe a few council tenants in Cirencester, but otherwise looks much posher. More typical Lib Dem target.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]