:sunglasses: 30 % :pray: 10 % :laughing: 60 %
By Watchman
soulboy wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 9:54 am Channel hopped the TV until Buckland went, then went to bed with the radio on.

Initially listened to LBC but they insisted on their advert schedule, even when results were coming in thick and fast so it was back to 5 Live. Shock wins for independents in Leicester and London along with the rise of Farage's mob, with the occasional reminder that Labour had won a few seats. Same old BBC. To my regret, I nodded off before Truss's demise but it was more a moment for TV than radio anyway.

Like many on here, I couldn't handle Channel 4's "good telly" panel. Hopefully someone will cut together the best of Campbell vs Dorries as it sounds less like bring a knife to a gun fight as bringing a plastic spork instead.
Basically the Leicester stuff was one Ind winning on a Gaza campaign, and in other parts by Vaz and Webbe standing as independents and splitting the vote
By Crabcakes
Abernathy wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 9:59 am Indeed. Very Corbynite. The truth is, though, that vote share doesn’t matter a fucking toss under the FPTP system. Mandelson pointed out correctly that what Labour got superbly right was its vote distribution - not piling up votes in seats that were already safe, but winning votes where they needed to.
A decent table has 4 legs evenly spread out. A table with a single fucking massive leg in one corner is shit-all use to anyone.
Watchman liked this
By Bones McCoy
Youngian wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 4:00 am That moron Richard Tice is an MP
So far (catching up in the morning) the only Reform wins are people who lead shows on GB news.

We could grumble about election interference.
But if we did, we'd be like Farage whining that GB news didn't platform Reform enough.

Whatever Farage's plan beyond Personal gain, he hasn't achieved his Canada by eclipsing the Tories.
I figure he will agitate for a Tory split, and hope for a pile of defections.
I don't see the likes of Braverman, Badenoch or other proto leaders crossing the floor to play second fiddle as Reform staffers.

Plan B is likely to "merge" with the Tories by paying £25 to join, then trying to take control from within.
He, his three or four mates and whatever tory nut-jobs he can muster.
I see this prolonging the internal Tory in-fighting as it adds one more ego to the leadership ruckus.
Watchman liked this
By Bones McCoy
Philip Marlow wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 4:53 am
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 4:30 am Wes Streeting apparently run close in Ilford North.
Won by 528 votes, which is genuinely, astonishingly close given that his closest challenger was an independent.

In my neck of the woods, Sarah Olney had held on as expected. More depressingly the Greens have been beaten into fifth place by fucking Reform.

With Mordaunt gone, who becomes leadership candidate for the ‘within hailing distance of sanity’ wing of the Conservatives?
"There ain't no sanity clause" - Chico Marx.
By Bones McCoy
soulboy wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 9:54 am Channel hopped the TV until Buckland went, then went to bed with the radio on.

Initially listened to LBC but they insisted on their advert schedule, even when results were coming in thick and fast so it was back to 5 Live. Shock wins for independents in Leicester and London along with the rise of Farage's mob, with the occasional reminder that Labour had won a few seats. Same old BBC. To my regret, I nodded off before Truss's demise but it was more a moment for TV than radio anyway.

Like many on here, I couldn't handle Channel 4's "good telly" panel. Hopefully someone will cut together the best of Campbell vs Dorries as it sounds less like bring a knife to a gun fight as bringing a plastic spork instead.
Pool noodle to a Jousting match?

As La Dorris said after an evening on the booze with Johnson.
Last edited by Bones McCoy on Fri Jul 05, 2024 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Bones McCoy
Youngian wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:14 am To say Peterborough was tight and not in the bag was an understatement.
Littlejohn's old manor's fallen to the hordes.

Expect a Peterboroughistan column - real soon now.
Something, something, postal votes....
Yes, one completed in crayon and postmarked Florida.
By Spoonman
Dosed with the cold so I had to go to bed early, rose up for an hour during the middle of the night and just woke up to see the damage done...

JRM - gone! :twisted:
Truss - gone! :lol:
Ian Paisley Jr - gone! :o

I only wished the Tories were reduced to double digits in the Commons, but you take what you can get.

Just on note - Paisley Junior was defeated by an even more hard line unionist in Jim Allister whom will almost certainly take the Reform whip in the Commons as his party had entered an election pact with them.
Tubby Isaacs, Arrowhead liked this
By Watchman
Bones McCoy wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 11:54 am By a complete coincidence, today is Blue Bin day.

Don't forget to drag out your rubbish. ;)
We’re black bin day (general household waste), today
By Youngian
Bones McCoy wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 11:44 am
Youngian wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:14 am To say Peterborough was tight and not in the bag was an understatement.
Littlejohn's old manor's fallen to the hordes.

Expect a Peterboroughistan column - real soon now.
Something, something, postal votes....
Yes, one completed in crayon and postmarked Florida.
He can try but Gaza cost Labour, Galloway’s mob polled 12 percent.
Attachments
IMG_6996.jpeg
IMG_6996.jpeg (121.26 KiB) Viewed 319 times
By Malcolm Armsteen
Nigredo wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:54 am Tears aplenty upon waking this morn in the Nigredo household. My father aghast at whatever cryptofascist he opted for gaining no traction, mine at finally being on the winning side of an election and with it, a 14 year fug of malaise, decay, and alienation lifting at last, to be replaced by the faintly glimmering hope that my nephew might have a future in this country after all. Hell, if Starmer plays it right then I might have a future in this country after all!
Well said.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]