:sunglasses: 30 % :pray: 10 % :laughing: 60 %
By Malcolm Armsteen
Bizarre scenes as Truss goes missing from her declaration...

And she's out.
Dalem Lake, Arrowhead, Nigredo and 1 others liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
And Ian Paisley out.

So there will be surrender...
Arrowhead, Bones McCoy liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
Beddy byes...

(I still can't believe what I've just seen...)
By Samanfur
I'm genuinely gutted for Kate Hollern over in Blackburn. After how long and how well she's served over there, she didn't deserve to be ousted by a single issue candidate like this.

I'm still pleasantly surprised that Labour got Hyndburn back, for the same reason.
By Crabcakes
I know the friendly media are unlikely to cover it much, but I think the massive underperformance of Reform is really telling. The Tories fell and they *didn’t* get huge numbers. They even fell short of the exit poll suggestion and only got a third of predicted.

I’m really buoyed by this - it shows there aren’t as many shits out there as suspected.
RandomElement liked this
By soulboy
Channel hopped the TV until Buckland went, then went to bed with the radio on.

Initially listened to LBC but they insisted on their advert schedule, even when results were coming in thick and fast so it was back to 5 Live. Shock wins for independents in Leicester and London along with the rise of Farage's mob, with the occasional reminder that Labour had won a few seats. Same old BBC. To my regret, I nodded off before Truss's demise but it was more a moment for TV than radio anyway.

Like many on here, I couldn't handle Channel 4's "good telly" panel. Hopefully someone will cut together the best of Campbell vs Dorries as it sounds less like bring a knife to a gun fight as bringing a plastic spork instead.
By Abernathy
safe_timber_man wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 8:47 am Gobsmacked listening to the interviews with Labour MP's. Pretty much every single one is going along the line of "yes yes, but your vote share must be very worrying for you". Fuck off. Jess Phillips was having none of it from Clive and Laura.
Indeed. Very Corbynite. The truth is, though, that vote share doesn’t matter a fucking toss under the FPTP system. Mandelson pointed out correctly that what Labour got superbly right was its vote distribution - not piling up votes in seats that were already safe, but winning votes where they needed to.
Spoonman, Dalem Lake liked this
By Youngian
Crabcakes wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 8:39 am I know the friendly media are unlikely to cover it much, but I think the massive underperformance of Reform is really telling. The Tories fell and they *didn’t* get huge numbers. They even fell short of the exit poll suggestion and only got a third of predicted.

I’m really buoyed by this - it shows there aren’t as many shits out there as suspected.
Will Isabelle Oakeshott be packing her bags and moving to Skeggy to be among her people?
Arrowhead liked this
By Nigredo
Tears aplenty upon waking this morn in the Nigredo household. My father aghast at whatever cryptofascist he opted for gaining no traction, mine at finally being on the winning side of an election and with it, a 14 year fug of malaise, decay, and alienation lifting at last, to be replaced by the faintly glimmering hope that my nephew might have a future in this country after all. Hell, if Starmer plays it right then I might have a future in this country after all!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]