:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By satnav
If cricketers were doing it I think they would have the common sense to get somebody else to put the bets on for them using cash and not betting on-line where it is easy to track any suspicious activity. If any of the Tories involved have set up on-line accounts just to place these bets the evidence trail will be very straight forward.
By Tubby Isaacs
Brendan Clarke-Smith showing his usual common sense here by sending off a load of political marketing at taxpayers expense, after Parliament has been dissolved, in which he describes himself as an MP (which he isn't). I don't know if there's some grace period for letters that are written but not sent while Parliament is sitting. If so, Bren who shows up BTL, doesn't mention it. Or deny the story in anyway, even though he'd been contacted by the paper earlier.

By satnav
When the Tories find themselves in opposition two weeks from today how do they go about electing a new leader? I seem to remember William Hague, Iain Duncan Smith and Michael Howard were all elected by MPs but Cameron was elected by the party membership. Will the next leader be elected by MPs or by the membership?
By Abernathy
The Tory system involves any number of MPs who have the required nominations to be voted on by fellow Tory MPs in an eliminating ballot until just two are left. Those two are then put to a vote of the entire party membership, who make the final choice.

Unless the members elect a fucking nutjob like Liz Truss, in which case they fix it to go to the next least insane-looking twat (who could well be someone like Rishi Sunak.).
By Abernathy
I do recommend this article in the new LRB. though we lived through it all, it’s still shocking to see it documented in this way.

https://www.lrb.co.uk/the-paper/v46/n1 ... -self-harm

If you can’t see it, let me know and I’ll see about cutting and pasting it up.
By Malcolm Armsteen
That is bloody good, thanks for the tip.
By Abernathy
I see that Nick Mason has “taken leave of absence” from his key role, right in the middle of a general election campaign. A couple of the other players in the “Gamblegate” affair have done similar. Is that the same euphemism as “garden leave” ?
By davidjay
Youngian wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 4:25 pm Sir Bob like Rory Stewart appears to be arguing that’ll it’ll be good for democracy if the Tory party has some decent chaps in it. Well bollocks to decent chaps and chapesses, you sat by silent while Rome burned and will continue to do so.
Any 'decent' Tory MP will probably have been around to witness Thatcher's effects. That's how decent they are.
By Bones McCoy
Youngian wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 4:25 pm Sir Bob like Rory Stewart appears to be arguing that’ll it’ll be good for democracy if the Tory party has some decent chaps in it. Well bollocks to decent chaps and chapesses, you sat by silent while Rome burned and will continue to do so.
The last "decent chaps" bailed after Boris took over.
Even the tory lords are packed with schemers and scum.
Oboogie liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]