:sunglasses: 37.8 % :pray: 2.7 % :laughing: 32.4 % 🧥 8.1 % :cry: 8.1 % :🤗 2.7 % :poo: 8.1 %
By Crabcakes
This is a really good interview with Starmer in the Guardian. And one thing strikes me about it: he has a strong record of actually helping people, even when there were no cameras, when there were no peers to impress, and no money or promotion in it.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/ar ... SApp_Other
Oboogie liked this
By RedSparrows
Crabcakes wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:39 am This is a really good interview with Starmer in the Guardian. And one thing strikes me about it: he has a strong record of actually helping people, even when there were no cameras, when there were no peers to impress, and no money or promotion in it.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/ar ... SApp_Other
The fact he worked for and with clients such as climate activists and miners and death-row Jamaicans is interesting - I didn't know. That's commitment, and actually effecting change. I didn't know because he's not been beatified like St Jez the placardist.

I'm not a great fan of Starmer, nor am I great fan of the abdication to the central seething problem of British politics, rather than the challenging of it: the conceit that drives 'what people think' on immigration, economics, climate etc, the toxic grip the Mail and co have and *how* they have it. But I get it. It's a shit game, but it's the game.

But the fact he actually has done stuff to help people, and not just little stuff, is important.
By Crabcakes
This is a really good podcast on who (bar something utterly freakish) will be PM on Friday afternoon.

I think the key takeaway is that he has literally saved people’s lives, when it wasn’t glamorous or helpful to him - in terms of career or attention - to do so. And to make the obvious comparison, he has led a life of getting on and doing it even when it’s been a hard job, as opposed to his predecessor who just wanted to complain and be congratulated for it, or the last 3 of his opposite numbers who have been self-entitled, lazy, stupid wasters.

I think we’re going to be in safe hands.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/o ... 0660203835
Oboogie liked this
By Youngian
This plonker is the Express’s senior political correspondent giving a take completely irrelevant to what Keir is saying.
It might have been News Agents or a similar podcast commenting on how irrelevant the once all powerful press barons are to this election. It feels good.
Attachments
IMG_6943.jpeg
IMG_6943.jpeg (899.71 KiB) Viewed 1835 times
By slilley
Youngian wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:48 pm This plonker is the Express’s senior political correspondent giving a take completely irrelevant to what Keir is saying.
It might have been News Agents or a similar podcast commenting on how irrelevant the once all powerful press barons are to this election. It feels good.
I agree with Starmer. He needs to make time away from the job, and whether he is the PM or not he is still a father. Yes there will be times when he may well need to work long hours, act of terrorism for example. I want my Prime Minister and his or her cabinet to take major decisions with a clear mind and properly rested.

There are plenty of examples in history of people making bad decisions whilst exhausted. Working 24/7 is not a good idea. Churchill went to bed during the war after all!!

Simon
Oboogie, Watchman, Malcolm Armsteen and 2 others liked this
By RedSparrows
There's also that small bit of life not being work. Not just for what it is, in and of itself (family, friends, etc), but the need to take a brief step outside any context you're in for too much of the time. Might actually help.

I would also assume he'll find it bloody hard to achieve...
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]